PDA

View Full Version : McChrist reviews THE MONDO CANE COLLECTION (pimpin)

mcchrist
06-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Every blessed DVD... Best box set under god?

www.cultstitch.com

dwatts
06-02-2004, 10:35 AM
I remember these from years and years ago. With all the backlash against The Jeepers Creepers director for his pedophilic past, I'm surprised it never came up with regards to Jacopetti - since he was busted more than once for it.

Still - I found no poetry in these films, none at all. So it's unlikely we'll find much agreement about them :D

mcchrist
06-02-2004, 02:19 PM
I remember these from years and years ago. With all the backlash against The Jeepers Creepers director for his pedophilic past, I'm surprised it never came up with regards to Jacopetti - since he was busted more than once for it.

That's hardly surprising when you consider many of the shots in Uncle Tom (not to mention some of the behind the scenes footage)

Anyway, I can hardly care about the whole Salva thing, let alone Polanski, so I could care less here.

Anyway, as for poetry... These films show a tremendous amount of skill compared to, say, Bowling for Columbine :p

Oh well, I've just put my foot in my mouth... :banana:

x666x
06-02-2004, 10:21 PM
I don't understand why so many seem to hate Michael Moore, but anyways, I have been wanting this whole Mondo collection for a long time. It comes with a ton of cool discs and is numbered. The only hitch is that I haven't seen any of them yet, so maybe I should try one before shelling out all that cash.

KR~!
06-03-2004, 02:23 AM
I have the set, it's amazing, it's a must have if you like that sort of thing.

thrashard76
06-03-2004, 06:06 AM
Nice reviews MC. And that KD stitch is to die for.

betterdan
06-03-2004, 06:43 AM
I bought the set a while back. I'm a sucker for these kinda flicks and BU did a great job with them.

dwatts
06-03-2004, 11:00 AM
--Oh well, I've just put my foot in my mouth--

Oh no! That wasn't your MOUTH! :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The films have an interesting presentation style, but they're not skillfully shot. Since you don't know which parts are fake and which are not, the filmakers may well have not shot some of the scenes you think are "skillful". Most of the time these were editing decisions, I suppose.

Anyhow, I'm not into these types of films at all. They were made to shock and that's it. I have no doubt BU did a good job, but really, I'm passed bothering with things like this.

mcchrist
06-03-2004, 12:01 PM
--Oh well, I've just put my foot in my mouth--

Oh no! That wasn't your MOUTH! :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Behave! :p

dwatts
06-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Heh heh.

;)

Vinman6
06-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Ay McChrist! Just took a look at your cultstitch.. gotta say, really nice man... great taste! Interesting art!

mcchrist
06-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks!