PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Holocaust!

Erg0n
08-01-2001, 06:47 AM
It showed during the fantasia fest here in montreal, however, I was the one of the many unlucky ones to reach the ticket booth and find that it was sold out.

Anyways, another cinema is screening this movie. and from what i've read in the reviews, it's supposedly horrific. Similar to the Mondo Movies, and is considered one of the greatest movies of all time. very graphic and what not..

Can't wait to see it.

Have any of you?

dlundh
08-01-2001, 02:55 PM
It's available uncut on DVD in a pretty good presentation.

Its certainly the best cannibal movie Ive ever seen (not counting the wonderful ZOmbi Holocaust that I just LOVE).

After you've seen it youre gonna know where Blair Witch Projct got its ideas from...

dotgain37
08-01-2001, 06:33 PM
EC Entertainment discontinnued this disc a couple of months ago. I've been trying to order it from various dealers, but no one has any copies left. Bummer...

I've seen this disc on eBay for $70-75. Pretty steep for a DVD that just went OOP.

We'll just have to wait for the Grindhouse release that's supposed to come out pretty soon (I've been hearing that for about a year now).

skinnypuppy6
08-02-2001, 01:44 AM
CCANIBAL HOLOCAUST IS FUCKING AWSOME I've got it on laser disc if heard some bad shit about the rc0 dvd but i cant wait for the grindhouse dvd its worth the wait!!!!

keith70
08-02-2001, 06:11 AM
I haven't been able to find any info on the Cannibal Holocaust dvd from Grindhouse. When is it coming out? Any extras? Will it be uncut? I've never seen this film, but my curiosity is getting pretty high. From what I've read about the film, I would be suprised if something isn't cut out.

Jason25
08-02-2001, 06:35 AM
A classic. I think all horror fans should watch this at least once. I would definitely pick up the Grindhouse dvd if it ever comes out.

Werner Von Wallenrod
08-02-2001, 06:47 AM
I think Blackest Heart still has some EC Ent Cannibal Holocausts left...

The Cannibal Holocaust DVD from Grindhouse will have, among other things, a running commentary by Deodato and, um, somebody else. I forget. They also interviewed the Exhumed Films folk and some fans for, I guess, some screening footage like the featured on Cannibal Ferox.

mgfred
08-02-2001, 09:50 PM
For a preview of their upcoming dvd and cannibal holocaust news, check out this web site:

http://www.cannibalholocaust.net/

mcchrist
08-02-2001, 10:00 PM
Cannibal Holocaust is certainly the finest of the genre, it is a mean little film that is both disturbing and entertaining. Its also one of the better made films belonging to the Cannibal label, and I will be adding the DVD to my collection verily.

mgfred
08-02-2001, 10:30 PM
they also have a messageboard at
:http://www.cannibalholocaust.net/

interesting bantering between militant vegins and CH fans

they eat what they kill so whats the problem?

Erg0n
08-05-2001, 09:55 AM
just got back from watching this movie.

What can I say? It's an OK movie. The script was elementary but you can sense the irony the director tries to show.

Thanks to the internet and it's exploited use of free speech, i've been desensitized from most of the graphic scenes. And I'm pretty sure most of you have as well.