PDA

View Full Version : Paramount Fall Titles

rhett
06-16-2004, 05:16 PM
This fall Paramount will continue to raid their vaults of all their horror titles. Orca: The Killer Whale, Bug, Body Parts, Murder on the Orient Express, and I Married a Monster from Outer Space will all make their way to DVD on September 14th. As per usual Paramount, there will be no extras on this releases. The retail will be a meager $14.95 for each however.

Along with all the bugs, whales and monsters will be a monster of a different sort: Jason Voorhees. The much awaited Friday the 13th boxset will finally be released on October 5th. Although there has been no official announcement on the supplements in the set, its been well known that it will come chock full of commentaries and featurettes. Don't expect anything to be uncut however, since Paramount will follow the Blockbuster company line by releasing only the MPAA rated versions.

Between Universal, Anchor Bay and Paramount's fall titles, this is shaping up to be a fine autumn for horror fans.

RyanPC
06-16-2004, 06:33 PM
That really sucks about the F13 boxed set... I might still pick it up for the extras and stuff for the first three and Part 5, but I never really cared much for the others in the series. I was seriously hoping they'd be uncut, but I guess you can't get everything you want.

BTW, how is Orca: The Killer Whale?

Tuzotonic
06-16-2004, 08:31 PM
The way its going with the Friday the 13th Box set it will probably come out next year and only feature the first three movies with bare bones special features. Damn Paramount.

KForee
06-16-2004, 08:59 PM
I don't want to blow it up too much...but I thought Orca was fantastic. Though it somewhat knocks off Jaws (in the basic "killer marine life" idea), it was NOT some real craptastic independent release. It sounds ridiculous, but this whale seeks revenge on the local fishermen, and Bo Derek meets her grisly demise when the orca attacks a house on the water.

VERY decent; totally going to buy it.

Wizejoker
06-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Did it get pushed back? I thought it had a September release date. :(

Lyle Horowitz
06-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

X-human
06-16-2004, 09:27 PM
It figures, I just bought Orca on LD. The one movie nobody's clamouring for and would be a billion years before they get around to stumbeling accross its tin can in the vault. That's what they decide to release.

Son of a bitch. Well, at least now I can get anamorphic and widescreen cheese. :D

zombi3
06-17-2004, 03:20 AM
Paramount can take their crappy dvds and shove them up their lazy, greedy asses. My money will be going elsewhere this fall.

Loomis
06-17-2004, 04:21 AM
Paramount can take their crappy dvds and shove them up their lazy, greedy asses. My money will be going elsewhere this fall.

It is amazing how they can do such good releases for one cult audience (i.e. Star Trek), and totally neglect another cult audience (in this case, horror/Friday fans).

For me, the opportunity to own all the Friday films in one place will make the set worth buying (I only own the first - the uncut R4 edition - having held off for a "complete set"). While they may not be uncut, it is still good to have them all in one place. Regardless, I'm sure we will be double-dipping alone the track anyways...

Stige
06-17-2004, 05:26 PM
I am actually starting to wonder why paramount hasnt made an official statement yet. Would be a blast if they just shocked everybody and released a fabulous box set uncut and so on.....................probably not but still.............nah it is paramount after all

dwatts
06-17-2004, 05:32 PM
As a major, Paramount don't seem to want to impress us too much. Oh well, it's not like there arn't other places for us to spend our cash :)

bigwes15
06-19-2004, 02:45 AM
I thought that there would be deleted scenes on the friday box set that would feature uncut footage on the "bonus" disc?? I hate to admit that I will buy this anyway because I sold all of my regular discs when I heard this box set would be coming out, but if there is none of the uncut gore footage that we KNOW is out there and readily available (definitively in the case of part 7 from the director), then F**K paramount. That is simply pathetic. Please let Anchor Bay or Blue Underground find a way to get rights to these movies in the future somehow!!

betterdan
06-19-2004, 03:26 AM
I will eagerly buy Orca and Bug even if they completely fuck up the Friday the 13th set. Why punish myself by not getting movies I like?

hell ya!
06-19-2004, 04:36 AM
Orca, Bug, and The Friday the 13th boxset will be mine!

Blame
06-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Bug is the movie of Jeannot Szwarc?

Tom Servo
06-19-2004, 07:06 PM
If Paramount did release the Friday the 13th set uncut I would likely double dip and get the set. Now that it looks doubtful that they will release any of the films uncut, I will stay with my old copies of the films. I wouldn't find picking up Orca since it looks like something that would interest me.

Final statement: Paramount really dropped the ball with the F13 box set and should never be allowed to do such a big project again.

Demon
06-19-2004, 07:43 PM
It is amazing how they can do such good releases for one cult audience (i.e. Star Trek), and totally neglect another cult audience (in this case, horror/Friday fans).

For me, the opportunity to own all the Friday films in one place will make the set worth buying (I only own the first - the uncut R4 edition - having held off for a "complete set"). While they may not be uncut, it is still good to have them all in one place. Regardless, I'm sure we will be double-dipping alone the track anyways...

its not a good idea to have 8 movies on 5 discs if you ask me, I'm keeping the regular versions released years ago, and if I was like you and didn't have them I'd go buy them and not support a turd boxset!! :banana:

hell ya!
06-19-2004, 07:50 PM
and if I was like you and didn't have them I'd go buy them and not support a turd boxset!! :banana:

Why exactly? The current versions have no extras and the upcoming boxset will. :eek2:

WesReviews
06-22-2004, 02:01 AM
Here's the artwork, thanks to DVDEmpire.com...

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/612464h.jpghttp://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/612465h.jpg

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/612457h.jpg http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/612463h.jpg

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/612460h.jpg

betterdan
06-22-2004, 02:15 AM
That Bug cover is awful.:(

WesReviews
06-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Sucks that they didn't use a shot of Orca (or even better, the painting of him from the original 1-sheet and VHS art) on the DVD. Pretty lame cover as well. :(

JasonFan
06-25-2004, 04:41 PM
The F13th boxset has been pushed to Oct 5 I just want the films uncut.

Tuzotonic
06-25-2004, 06:32 PM
I want the F13 boxset to have a load of special features but I have my doubts on whether this will happen.

Zodiac-Mindwarp
06-26-2004, 03:42 AM
I have been wanting to watch Bug again for years, so that will surely be mine. Might have to buy Orca also.

rhett
09-16-2004, 07:00 AM
I thought the ORCA cover art was great. Much better than the text-heavy theatrical artwork.

Anyway, here is my review for ORCA, which I ended up liking quite a bit:

http://www.horrordvds.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&id=141

Salty
09-16-2004, 01:39 PM
Paramount always butchers their cover art. They are only good for a nice transfer, otherwise they totally suck.

badnewsbrown
09-16-2004, 03:07 PM
parashit are greedy criminals the friday boxset is disrespectful to us fans just another slap in the face by them again. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anthropophagus
09-17-2004, 01:25 AM
I thought the ORCA cover art was great. Much better than the text-heavy theatrical artwork.

Anyway, here is my review for ORCA, which I ended up liking quite a bit:

http://www.horrordvds.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&id=141

Awesome review for an underrated classic. I can't remember ever reading a positive review of this film, so this one was quite nice. Thought the cover art was cool too.

Katatonia
09-17-2004, 08:20 AM
When the hell is Paramount going to release The Keep to DVD??? I thought it was supposed to be out in the fall of this year?

SilentScreams
09-17-2004, 08:34 AM
When the hell is Paramount going to release The Keep to DVD??? I thought it was supposed to be out in the fall of this year?

The Keep will be out sometime in November. I forgot the exact date but towards the end of November.