PDA

View Full Version : Plan my Halloween triple bill

indiephantom
08-04-2001, 03:12 PM
I will use this poll to creat my Halloween triple-bill for this year. I've narrowed it down to 17 films. The top three vote-getters will be my selection. Hope you think these picks are cool. All films will be shown on DVD.

Andrew
08-04-2001, 08:52 PM
hehe, definitely The Final Chapter. I love it. I like Suspiria more, but I figure it'll get more votes.

mcchrist
08-04-2001, 09:36 PM
Nosferatu, I know I'm biased on this one, the Herzog remake was quite effective and fascinating on many levels.

My $.02

AceRimRat
08-06-2001, 10:33 PM
I picked Re-Animator, figuring a Halloween party should be FUN FUN FUN!

And that one's a blast. And it has all the gore and scares you need to fit the holiday.

Paff
08-06-2001, 11:22 PM
I (the Fulci NON-fan) voted for City of the Living Dead.

Why? Well, you know Suspiria and Re-Animator are gonna get a lot of votes, should finish 1-2. So what should be #3? Well, as much as I find Fulci rather boring, I think ya gotta admit that City of the Living Dead sure has a "Halloween-y" atmosphere (and I'm talking about the holiday, not the Carpenter film).

Don't blow off The Omen though....really good film. Maybe just too long and too dark to be a "party" film.

MISFITZ
08-10-2001, 07:07 PM
I'm going with FRIDAY the 13th: FINAL CHAPTER as well! The movie is just a blast. I was leaning on ANGUISH, but because it has such a bizzare opening, some people may tune out or may expect the film to be different. Not knowing, if they hang on a bit more, it will pay off BIG TIME. :) So, I had to go with F13 part 4.

Everyone knows what to expect with Jason. And out of the series this one has a great tone. Part 6 to me is still the best, but lacks the nudity that part 4 will mix in. Plus since it'z for a party, you gotta have Corey Fledman looking like a fool to laugh at!! Not to mention McFly is in here too!! MIx in some Savini pluggin some of his masks!! :)

Hellbilly
08-11-2001, 03:26 PM
Watch the first one, then watch Halloween 2. There are NO better films to watch on Halloween night than these two. Just keep up the American Tradition:)

skinnypuppy6
08-12-2001, 03:12 AM
Female Vampire is my choice! is this disc a "trick or treat"?:) :D :p :eek:

keith70
08-12-2001, 04:30 AM
I voted for Suspiria, but if you want a fun movie to watch on Halloween, watch Mad Monster Party.
Check www.teleport-city.com/movies/review/horror/madmonster.html for a review if you're not familiar with the film. They usually show it on AMC during the month of October.

keith70
08-12-2001, 04:34 AM
Sorry, the url should have been www.teleport-city.com/movies/reviews/horror/madmonster.html

Erg0n
08-15-2001, 07:31 AM
hehehehehehhe Female Vampire.

Vampyros Lesbos, is also a good treat.

Mario77
08-17-2001, 09:20 AM
I voted for Suspiria since it's coming out so soon - and what better date to formaly christen the LE DVD than on a Hallow'een movie bacchanal?

rhett
08-17-2001, 11:27 AM
Re-Animator and The Final Chapter are both perfect Halloween flicks. Whenever I have parties, dark horror films, or films with longer pacing don't really go over very well. I guess it is just fun to kind of chat away and have a good time while watching some great gore, and films with high "camp" value. Euro-horror is also a tough sell to people who aren't really horror aficionados. I'd go with Jason first, then Re-Animator, and then Halloween II, simply because these films require the least amount of thought and all move at a speedy pace. :)

indiephantom
08-18-2001, 05:45 AM
Rhett, I agree with what you say about Euro-horror. I've had some parties in the past, and have shown THE BEYOND and TRAUMA before. I usually slate them third (last) so that by that time only my more tasteful friends who love that sort of thing, stick around.

I kind of goofed with my choice this though, because in the past i've always started with an anthology. last year it was BLACK SABBATH, before that it was CREEPSHOW. I should have put CREEPSHOW 2 on the list, or one from that other poll. THE OFFSPRING is not on DVD, but is a cool choice.

Generally, I start with the fastest-paced film, FRIDAY or RE-ANIMATOR would work well, it looks like those two may win, and then I'll probably go with the Euro to finish it off (hang in there SUSPIRIA!!)

rhett
08-18-2001, 07:29 AM
Yeah, that is a good idea with an anthology. Whenever I have movie nights I always put anthologies last just so people don't really have to pay attention too long for each story, because at 4 or so in the morning it is tough for anyone! But putting it at the start would work equally as well. Creepshow 2 would probably work even better than Creepshow, seeing as the stories are all relatively short in length and pretty interesting (The Crate goes on forever!). I am interested to see how your night goes, be sure to tell us how it went when it is all over and done with!

EVIL-SINNER
08-31-2001, 05:29 AM
i am a huge fulci fan so i had to go with
'city of the living dead' -fulci and gore rule!