PDA

View Full Version : More Monster Madness

rhett
06-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Hot on the heals of their successful Dracula, Frankenstein and The Wolf Man collections, Universal has announced plans for three more franchise collections. The Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Mummy and The Invisible Man will all be getting their own collections. Here is what each set will contain:

The Creature From The Black Lagoon Collection
The Creature From The Black Lagoon
Revenge of the Creature
The Creature Walks Among Us

The Mummy Collection
The Mummy
The Mummy's Hand
The Mummy's Tomb
The Mummy's Ghost
The Mummy's Curse

The Invisible Man Collection
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man Returns
The Invisible Man's Revenge
The Invisible Agent
The Invisible Woman

Extras have yet to be announced, but should be comparable to the other sets. Being released on October 5th, the sets will retail for a slim $26.98.

dwatts
06-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Did this rumor finally get confirmed? It's been circulating for a few days, but have yet to see anything definate.

maybrick
06-23-2004, 07:30 PM
It's being reported from all of the major horror websites. If you doubt the word coming from that many sources, why believe anything you read here?

dwatts
06-23-2004, 07:40 PM
None of the sites I've read it at have used langauge confirming it - everyone I have read stated it was a rumor. I might ask, since when has asking a question been a problem on here?

Dave
06-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Consider it confirmed.

dwatts
06-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks Dave, excellent news then. Creature and Invisible Man for me. Don't we already have a thread where I typed that? :D

mutleyhyde
06-23-2004, 08:38 PM
DVD Drive-in (http://www.dvddrive-in.com/) broke this before most everybody, possibly first. All I can say is that DVD Drive-in is extremely reliable with their news.

mutleyhyde
06-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Poor Rhett. He gives the goods on the deal, and gets suspicious disbelief. Dave comes in and says it's confirmed but offers up just as much (just as little) 'proof' as Rhett did, and all of a sudden it's not a rumor anymore. :lol:

Why believe Dave? He's no Universal exec. Watts, you should still play Doubting Thomas, if for nothing else but for consistency. :)

dwatts
06-23-2004, 08:55 PM
I was being polite. Dave's full of it too :D

Dave
06-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Yeah, DVD Drive-In is good with their news. They get a lot of exclusive news bits. As for "proof", the Universal PR machine has confirmed the releases. :glasses:

RyanPC
06-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Wow, this is some fabulous news to hear on my first day back from moving! I will absolutely be picking these up after being quite satisfied with their other collections. Good thing they sold well. :cool:

Lyle Horowitz
06-29-2004, 11:13 PM
Great news, I'll get the Invisible Man and Creature sets as I have all of the Mummy movies from previous DVD sets. Can't wait for Invisible Man Returns and Revenge of the Creature.

ivara
06-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Great news! But does anybody know if there will be a gift set of these films, like the gift set with Dracula, Frankenstein and The Wolf Man? It would be pretty nifty with 6 small statues of classic monsters standing next to this excellent collection of classic horror!

Anthropophagus
07-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Great to see the complete Creature series finally unleashed on DVD, one of Universal's most memorable creations. I can finally throw out that old, worn out VHS box set.

Zodiac-Mindwarp
07-03-2004, 09:22 PM
The Creature From The Black Lagoon Collection is mine for sure! One of my favorite monster movie series (from when I was a kid), and I do not currently own any of the movies in any format. This is a treat that I am really looking forward to!

Extreme_Himself
07-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Awesome news !!
I can't wait for these 3 sets!

:banana: