PDA

View Full Version : Any idea when this classic is coming out?

ashe001
01-24-2001, 08:15 PM
King Kong!! and I'm talking about the original 30's version. I haven't heard anything about a DVD release of this. What's the holdup? You could also add Son Of Kong to my DVD want list.

jae
01-24-2001, 08:43 PM
I really want to see Ed Wood's Night of the Ghouls on DVD. Just saw it last night and loved it.. Whats the holdup here? Its part of the Wade Williams collection along with Plan 9, Bride of the Monster and alot of others that have been released by Image lately..

mutleyhyde
01-24-2001, 09:00 PM
Sorry Ashe; don't know nuthin' 'bout no Kong dvd - but I did see a pretty sweet lookin' cd of the soundtrack released recently, if you're interested. There are two out there, and apparently one is much better quality than the other, so be sure to do your review reseach before picking it up. I can't believe I still haven't picked up the recently re-released Logan's Run soundtrack yet. It SUCKS being out of a job! I've got one now, but I gotta catch up on the bills before picking up any goodies. Urghhh!

ZombyWoof
01-24-2001, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ashe001:
King Kong!! and I'm talking about the original 30's version. I haven't heard anything about a DVD release of this. What's the holdup? You could also add Son Of Kong to my DVD want list.

hey ashe...

if you have a region-free player (i presume you're in the US...) there is the 60th Anniversary Edition Director's Cut of Kong... it also has a behind the scenes documentary... ~drools~
check it out: http://dvdworld.co.uk/dvd/product_body.asp?pf%5FID=60306
toodles

steve

ashe001
01-25-2001, 02:42 AM
ZombyWoof,

Nope, my DVD player's not region-free and I'm in Canada. Damn, this release you're talking about looks sweet. I might get my player altered just to get this DVD. That is, unless a region 1 Kong DVD comes out soon and that doesn't seem likely.