PDA

View Full Version : Fall Frights From Fox

rhett
06-28-2004, 06:15 AM
Fox will be releasing a bunch of much requested horror titles on September 7th. Freed from their vaults are:

The Alligator People
The Boston Strangler
Island of the Dead
Reign in Darkness
Hear No Evil
Blood Moon,
Creepy Crawlers
Basket Case: The Progeny
The Vanishing (1996)
Terror Train

All will be presented in their original aspect ratios, and widescreen titles will be anamorphically encoded. It looks like fans will finally be able to throw away the widescreen TV dubs of Terror Train. It's about time! Each one will set you back $14.95.

Those who thought Elite's Millenium release of Night of the Living Dead was the last word on Romero's original, think again. Fox will be releasing the grandfather of modern zombie films on the 7th as well. The release will feature both the black and white cut as well as the bastardized colorized version in the original 1.33:1 aspect ratio. The audio will be in glorious mono. There are a few new supplements that may entice fans for yet another trip to the DVD well, as Mike Nelson of Mystery Science Theater 3000 will provide a commentary. A "Celebrity Zombie" game and a few horror trailers will also be included to round off the disc. Like Fox's other titles, this one will be a slim $14.95. Thanks to DVD File for the scoop.

Needless to say, this is shaping to be one of the busiest fall seasons ever for horror films on DVD.

BloodMan
06-28-2004, 06:22 AM
If that MST guy is doing a MST type commentary for NOTLD, count me out of buying this release... you can't make fun of that film... just can't. :)

Grim
06-28-2004, 06:27 AM
I think the release of NOTLD by Fox might be a sign of things looking up for the fourth Dead flick. Just a hunch.

Demon
06-28-2004, 07:38 AM
hell yeah, Terror Train finally!! and I'll probably break down and get NOTLD too!!

Dusk
06-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Terror Train, you will be mine - oh yes, you will be mine.

dwatts
06-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Urgh, the volume might be there, but it might not as good at it seems, imo.

The Alligator People (we have another thread on that though) looks good.

Which "Island of the Dead" is that?

The only Reign in Darkness I can find is a newer film (2002) Is that the one they're talking about? Anyone know it?

Which Hear No Evil is that? I hope it's not the 1993 release, which sounds really lame.

What is Blood Moon?

EDIT: No way in hell I'd pay for a colorized version of NOTLD and another commentary. That title had been milked dry.

Stige
06-28-2004, 02:33 PM
thanks god i recently bought the anchorbay uk dvd of terror train. I usually have to wait a few months before i buy the same title....................................oh well

x666x
06-28-2004, 03:11 PM
I think I'll double dip for NOTLD. I have the Millenium Edition, but I first saw this film in color back when I was around 13. So, the colorized version would be a cool bonus for me unto itself.

The Chaostar
06-28-2004, 03:39 PM
I think that anyone who dares to make fun of NOTLD on an OFFICIAL release - thus making an OFFICIAL statement that this movie is for laughs - should be castrated with sandpaper and dipped in vinegar.

Tawny
06-28-2004, 04:23 PM
thanks god i recently bought the anchorbay uk dvd of terror train. I usually have to wait a few months before i buy the same title....................................oh well

I feel you, man. I'll be getting this new Terror Train too.

ekent
06-28-2004, 04:35 PM
I'll be picking up the NOTLD for sure. This is a new colorization job, not that shitty version Hal Roach Studios put out in the mid 80's. If it is anything like the remaster job that fox did with Reefer Madness, this should rival the Millenium Edition in quality, and could possibly trump it. Color me excited.

Hellbilly
06-28-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm glad Fox is putting out Terror Train.
Kinda odd they are also releasing Basket Case III ... I guess we will never see the unrated version?

fceurich39
06-28-2004, 06:02 PM
I think the release of NOTLD by Fox might be a sign of things looking up for the fourth Dead flick. Just a hunch.

i heard that a official greenlight for romero's 4th dead film has been confirmed
and even better news that it will start this october before diamond dead

nekropimp
06-28-2004, 07:14 PM
I wonder what'll happen to BASKET CASE 2? I suppose it'll just sit in limbo. Maybe I'll just get the import double feature of 2 & 3.

Tuzotonic
06-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Yes, I can finally stop bitching to Fox about not releasing Terror Train. It's about time. :banana:

indiephantom
06-29-2004, 03:15 AM
a colorize NOTLD...wtf? Worst idea of the year...and a MST commentary is the second worst.

Terror Train is going to be a cool title to own.

Anthropophagus
06-29-2004, 04:14 AM
Cool to see Terror Train finally released, however I think the NOTLD re-release will pale in comparison to the Millenium edition. But for those who dont want to spend the ca$h on the Millenium edition its a good idea. The rest of those Fox titles are pretty obscure though, with the exception of The Boston Strangler. Alligator People...When is Alligator finally gonna be released stateside..C'mon Anchor Bay!!

The Doctor
06-29-2004, 06:29 AM
I, fior one, am looking forward to the NOTLD relase form Fox, just because i'm an MST3K fan, and I always wondered what it would be like to see them (or Mike, at least) riff a good film. This and Terror Train are going into my collection.

ekent
06-29-2004, 02:07 PM
however I think the NOTLD re-release will pale in comparison to the Millenium edition

There is no question that the extras will not be as good as the Millenium Edtition, but the print will rival, perhaps even surpass the M.E.. I'd imagine most folks that would be interested in this disc would already have a version of NOTLD on the shelf. Also, it may not have those annoying screen freezes that the M.E. has.

dwatts
06-29-2004, 05:02 PM
-- perhaps even surpass the M.E--

Boy, this is an interesting concept. I can't imagine it looking better until we get hi-definition and blu-ray. If they do get it better, I might buy it just as a treat for my corneas.

ekent
06-29-2004, 06:23 PM
-- perhaps even surpass the M.E--

Boy, this is an interesting concept. I can't imagine it looking better until we get hi-definition and blu-ray. If they do get it better, I might buy it just as a treat for my corneas.

I'll have screen captures up comparing to the ME (should it warrant comparison) mere moments after unwrapping it.

tobaccoman
07-02-2004, 04:37 PM
I think I'll be pickin' up Basket Case 3. I got the first one and really enjoy it. I wish the second will get released some time.

WesReviews
07-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Anyone know if anything was ever cut from Terror Train? I've never heard of anything, myself, but you never know.

evildeadfan123
07-03-2004, 11:28 PM
I am go glad that Terror Train is coming out on DVD. Now, I can sell my VHS copy of it. Also, I will be buying NOTLD, even though I have the Millenium Edition, and the 30th Anniversary Edition, and Basket Case 3, since I already have Basket Case. And they are priced at a very resonable price.

VideoViolence
07-11-2004, 05:27 AM
Basket Case 3, eh? Let's hope they have some decent extras and commentary!! Uncut? Not from Fox, lol.

HorrorClassics
09-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Those who thought Elite's Millenium release of Night of the Living Dead was the last word on Romero's original, think again. Fox will be releasing the grandfather of modern zombie films on the 7th as well. The release will feature both the black and white cut as well as the bastardized colorized version in the original 1.33:1 aspect ratio. The audio will be in glorious mono. There are a few new supplements that may entice fans for yet another trip to the DVD well, as Mike Nelson of Mystery Science Theater 3000 will provide a commentary. A "Celebrity Zombie" game and a few horror trailers will also be included to round off the disc. Like Fox's other titles, this one will be a slim $14.95. Thanks to DVD File for the scoop.

Needless to say, this is shaping to be one of the busiest fall seasons ever for horror films on DVD.[/QUOTE]

Nice press today on Carnival of Souls which includes full commentary by Mike Nelson of Mystery Science Theater 3000

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4326967/

:banana:

Luna
09-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Woo, thanks for that article!