PDA

View Full Version : Ten To Midnight

Yowie
08-06-2001, 08:47 AM
Never really thought I'd ever post anything important in this particular forum room, but last night I decided it was time to watch the 1983 Charles Bronson thriller "Ten To Midnight" again and it just dawned on me that the movie is actually very much a slasher. I hadn't seen it for a while, and it always gets trashy reviews everywhere, but I've always enjoyed it immensely. Anyone seen it ?. It's one of Bronson's most violent actioners from the '80s (and that says quite a lot), it's extremely bloody and gory, and even if you're not a big Bronson fan, it should be right up the alley of any self-respecting slasher fan. -This crazy killer has to be seen to be believed !. Forget "Scream", that's kids stuff, this movie is for grown-ups and 10 times more scary. I highly recommend slasher fans check it out. -If for nothing else, but to confirm if the (uncredited) blonde nurse student who lives with Bronson's daughter isn't Kelly Preston ?. MGM have not released a lot of their Bronson action movies on DVD yet (apart from some of his westerns), but they better start soon if they don't want all us vigilantees on their back !.

Yowie
08-08-2001, 08:30 AM
What, am I really the only one familiar with this nasty movie ?. -And I thought you guys liked to see pretty girls get chased and cut up. Boys, you're cheating yourselves of one nice treat here !.

JoeLeo74
01-14-2002, 05:47 AM
Your not alone-10 To Midnight is an awesome slasher movie!

People probally dont think its a slasher movie because Charles Bronson is in it.

Ya this movie is very sick and twisted a real gem from 83.

http://www.filmposterworld.co.uk/movieposters/tento.jpg

ParmagentoCheez
01-14-2002, 02:09 PM
love this movie. the bundy-spree this guys goes on at the end is fantastic! needs a dvd! :D

Mark Relford
02-15-2003, 03:06 AM
Not bad... This is one of Bronson's better movies from Cannon. It tends to stray into TV land dramatics from time to time. But there's enough sleaze to keep my interest. The killings were kinda tame. Maybe I was expecting a Savini bloodbath or something.;) Hopefully, the MGM DVD wasn't trimmed. (The running times from the IMDB & the DVD match, so who knows...) Gene Davis does a great job as the killer. Chicks diss him and he kills 'em in the nude. He's a real charmer.:D Bronson plays a cop (Big stretch!) hot on his trail. Bronson has played a lifetime of rogue cops and vigilantes. It's another solid performance from Bronson.
Any Bronson fans out there? The transfer was nice and there's hardly any worthwhile extras to speak of. At least there's a theatrical trailer included. (*cough* Paramount.)

Joel Groce
02-15-2003, 03:35 AM
Yet I'm still more partial to "Death Wish" and "The Mechanic" when it comes to Bronson. Also, "The Stone Killer" is pretty cool... one thing that always stands out for me are soundtracks and the scores to "Death Wish"(Herbie Hancock) and "Stone Killer" are some of my favorites - such a cool '70's vibe...

speanroc
02-15-2003, 01:14 PM
10 to midnight is awsome.

"you can't punish me for being sick"

great ending.

Zodiac-Mindwarp
02-15-2003, 05:32 PM
I have not seen this one since it first came out on video.

I remember liking it at the time and it sounds like it would be worth picking up for a watch with the wonderful price that DVD has been released at.

By the way Yowie, it is Kelly Preston in the movie! What a babe! :sperm:

hell ya!
02-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Great movie, Charles Bronson is great in it, Charles Rocks:banana: :banana:

onebyone
02-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Hmmm, I never checked this out, as Bronson gets on my nerves and I figured it was just another one of his films. I had no idea it was a slasher, I live for slashers. I will check it out. Thanks for the interesting tip.

Grim
02-16-2003, 10:34 PM
One thing I never understood is how Bronson got all them fine ladies in his movies, dude is ugly as shit.

Zodiac-Mindwarp
02-17-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by MrGrim13
One thing I never understood is how Bronson got all them fine ladies in his movies, dude is ugly as shit.

ROFL!

hell ya!
02-17-2003, 03:04 AM
:lol: :lol: that's so true :lol:

Rock
02-20-2003, 04:38 PM
Actually, the nursing dorm massacre scene is more reminiscent of Richard Speck's 1966 rampage in Chicago than Bundy...and back when Consumer Reports used to rate 1st-run movies (providing it's subscribers with rating cards), 10 to MIDNIGHT rated quite high...my only beef is that it was obvious some of the actresses were only hired for their T&A...but still a step up for J. Lee Thompson after the deplorable HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME...

Coverdale
02-20-2003, 07:12 PM
This one rocks...I'll probably pick up the DVD tomorrow to replace the VHS...
Too bad there's no commentary track. But of course, Thompson is deceased (last year?) and Bronson has been quite ill as of late.
How about a commentary from the naked killer? :lol: