PDA

View Full Version : Final Friday Specs

rhett
06-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Paramount has issued a press release for their Friday the 13th DVD collection, entitled "From Crystal Lake to Manhattan". The 5-disc box set (2 films per disc, as well as a separate bonus disc) will retail for $60.00. The release date is set for October 5th. All the films will contain the same transfers as the previous discs, but there is a batch of new supplements that have been added. Here is a list of supplements:

Cast commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th - PART 3 by author Peter Bracke and actors Larry Zerner, Paul Kratka, Dana Kimmell and Richard Brooker
Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VI: JASON LIVES by director Tom McLouglin
Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD by actor Kane Hodder and director John Carl Buechler
Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN by director Rob Hedden
A featurette “Tales From the Cutting Room,” in which exclusive deleted scenes and footage is revealed for the first time.
An 8-part featurette “The Friday The 13th Chronicles,” which looks at the legacy of the films throughout their history, featuring cast and crew commenting on each film and why they appeal to audiences. Includes Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Corey Feldman, Kane Hodder, Lar Park Lincoln, Betsy Palmer, Tom Savini and directors Sean Cunningham, Tom McLoughlin, Rob Heddon, Joseph Zito and John Carl Buechler.
A 3-part featurette “Secrets Galore Behind The Gore,” which looks at the work of master make-up effects designer Tom Savini in Part 1 and Part IV and John Carl Buechler in Part VII. Includes rare and never-before-seen footage, drawings and stills illustrating the make-up techniques used to create Jason and achieve elaborate death scenes.
A featurette “Crystal Lake Victims Tell All!,” in which cast and crew from various films share amusing anecdotes. Includes Corey Feldman, Larry Zerner, Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Lar Park Lincoln and directors.
A featurette “Friday Artifacts and Collectibles,” which looks at props and collectables from the films.
The theatrical trailers from all 8 movies except Part VI, which is represented by the teaser trailer.

SaviniFan
06-29-2004, 11:10 PM
I'm one disc away from having all the Paramount titles on the single releases so I'm just gonna go that route. Some of the extras there sound quite interesting, but I'm not gonna double-dip on the same transfers for extras that I'll most likely watch once only. Now if we were talking about the films being presented uncut then that would be another story......

Matt1977
06-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Finally.....it's official.....Finally Friday fans get something worth paying for.

Mark Relford
06-29-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm getting this set. I only have the R2 Friday the 13th, The Final Chapter, and Jason Lives.
I can double-dip. No big deal...

Grim
06-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Well, I would've liked uncut releases, but I think I'll be content with this.

life_o_petey
06-29-2004, 11:18 PM
its released October 5th, right? not August?

nosmoke
06-29-2004, 11:19 PM
:mad: That's a terrible collection.
Paramount has no respect to Friday fans. I too like SaviniFan, have all of the Friday titles on the old DVD release and have no intention of even looking at the direction of this new release.

I would give anything to see all of the films Uncut with lots of extras. but those extras here are nothing compared to what I first expected when I heard about the plans for releasing this collection.
And all the movies are brought here in their extremly cut theatrical release version.

I hate Paramount for not thinking just a little bit more about their fans. I'm sure that if they took some extra months to create this collection and add some more extras and deliver us the uncut version of the films, the sells of this collection would have been tripled or even more.

Paul0889
06-29-2004, 11:26 PM
this set seems to be ok. im glad its at a resonable price and not some 89.99 shit or something. does anyone think that paramount might redo some of the transfers like for the final chapter? that disc looked really bad at parts and the color timing was way off like when tina is grabbed and thrown out the window by jason

life_o_petey
06-29-2004, 11:31 PM
i seriously doubt they touched up the transfers at all.

Lyle Horowitz
06-30-2004, 12:10 AM
I only like parts 2, 6, and 8 (not even that much) so I'll pass. If this set was around $40, i'd consider it.

DVD Connoisseur
06-30-2004, 12:23 AM
As I've managed to restrain from purchasing the single releases, even when some titles hit bargain bucket prices, I'm actually quite excited about this set! I understand the disappointment that these aren't uncut but as a first-time purchase, it's not a bad box....

Matt1977
06-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Yes Paramount could have taken more time and put together a total kick ass set but, think about it. How long did that petition to get Part 7 uncut on dvd circulate? They don't care what the fans want. The Friday franchise is the bastard son of the studio, they were/are ashamed of it. I'm kind of shocked that some of the films have commentaries.

Peter Vincent
06-30-2004, 12:35 AM
I thought Part I was getting some kinda upgraded transfer?!?!? Well, I'll probably dip on this one 'cause I only gots me Parts I & VIII (Paramount's bookend Friday's) which I'm looking to trade anyways so I can just get this Box set!

p.s. - If anyone is interested, check out my trade thread.

Tad Ghostal
06-30-2004, 12:35 AM
I'm torn as to whether or not I'll purchase this. I have all the movies on DVD already. I'm interested in bonus stuff, but I don't know...I don't get Paramount's decision to do this so half-assed. This isn't a horrible box, but it could be much better.

DrGerbil
06-30-2004, 12:41 AM
I only like parts 2, 6, and 8 (not even that much) so I'll pass. If this set was around $40, i'd consider it.
Precisely... no way i'm dropping $60 on it and even if I did, it would be sold after a good once over... :fire:

darkesthorror
06-30-2004, 12:53 AM
It's inevitable that Paramount will double dip on this collection. The fact that Paramount has always clearly been ashamed of the franchise and was just milking it all these years is not the dead give away. It's that it almost seems like they(toybox/toolbox? under Paramount's control mind you) purposely put no effort toward cleaning up the transfer or even fully remastering them not to mention building 5.1 for them, however I will forgive them for not releasing the films uncut for the fact that there's so many lost snippets and cuts that we may not see that until they(the dvds) are double dipped 4 or 5 years from now or maybe not even till 2010 where the first Friday the 13th will have it's "30th anniversary" ploy. I can imagine it now, the definitive Friday the 13th collection, fully remastered, 5.1 surround sound, and never before now uncut in all it's glory on the new HD-DVD retailing at $149.99 and of course releasing newly found special features and the other extras they already had, but kept from us this time around. I'm quite the hypocrite however for I will buy this version and even the next one, and the next one after that. I was lucky, I never even thought about buying the first released DVD's because I new Paramount would eventually go cha-ching! Bitches.(I meant that towards Paramount).

prez387w
06-30-2004, 01:05 AM
I will support all FRIDAY the 13TH releases. Dvds have really given us horror nuts lots to cheer about. I would have never thought of getting most of my horror collection on DVD. I know they will eventually re-release the FRIDAYS uncut, but for now, the new EXTRAS will be worth it. And YES I do own all the FRIDAYS on DVD!
Joe 10

Mok
06-30-2004, 01:13 AM
As I've managed to restrain from purchasing the single releases, even when some titles hit bargain bucket prices, I'm actually quite excited about this set! I understand the disappointment that these aren't uncut but as a first-time purchase, it's not a bad box....

I think so too - I already have all of them, but if I didn't...

bigwes15
06-30-2004, 01:21 AM
I sold off all my original dvds of the series last yer when I heard about this box set coming out, and while I am less than thrilled overall I will definitely be picking it up. hopefully the "cutting room floor" feature will have some decent gory scenes to enjoy, at least. I love these movies, so I shamefully admit I would also pick up the upgrade in the future, in which we will hopefully finally see these UNCUT!!!

JEDEITOR
06-30-2004, 01:37 AM
Ok, this is sh*t. If you just own some or none of the old DVDs it might be ok, but for the rest of us... it's just a repack of the old discs with, yeah, commentaries and a disc of bonus features. They should just sell the bonus DVD and stop trying to cheat us.

zombi3
06-30-2004, 01:43 AM
Have I mentioned lately that Paramount sucks the fat one? They ain't gettin' one cent out of me until they get their shit together! Scumbags.

Loomis
06-30-2004, 03:02 AM
I hate Paramount for not thinking just a little bit more about their fans. I'm sure that if they took some extra months to create this collection and add some more extras and deliver us the uncut version of the films, the sells of this collection would have been tripled or even more.

It is odd, you know.

Paramount have demonstrated that they can do a lot for a niche fan base (e.g. the Star Trek franchise, with every release a 2-disc set). Yet, judging from comments here, horror fans are less than satisfied. I agree - time and effort may have made this a better set...

However, this is my no means a TERRIBLE set, as some have implied. A terrible set would be the lot of them in pan & scan collected together barebones. What we get instead is a number of new to DVD commentaries, and a few hours of documentaries and deleted scenes.

Granted, this may not be what everybody wanted (and it is tough to compare it to the magnificent Dawn of the Dead Box that is coming), but it is a collection of all the films in one place which for many (including me) is fantastic. I only own the R4 F13 (with commentary & doco), so the chance to pick them all up in one place is great for my needs.

Still, I can understand the disappointment, particularly when we know this probably wont be the final word on F13 DVD releases. At any rate, I am pleased (but my wallet is not).

nekropimp
06-30-2004, 03:10 AM
I am incredibly anxious for this...although, as with you all, I do wish they would have been UNCUT versions.
I will DEFINITELY buy this...but, after the discouraging news that the first film will not A: be UNCUT and B: HAVE A SEAN S. CUNNINGHAM COMMENTARY...I've just ordered the R2 "FRIDAY THE 13TH: UNCUT", which does include the above commentary. I'm fan enough to have both versions in my collection I guess.
I thought I'd read somewhere that Joe Zito was recording a commentary for THE FINAL CHAPTER?

SalsaShark
06-30-2004, 03:59 AM
Hopefully they can at least use the original poster art for the individual DVD cases in the box. What they hell happened to the covers of F13 5 through 8????

Tuzotonic
06-30-2004, 04:26 AM
After all the complaining I have done about this set it was completely washed away after hearing what the special features will be. I will definetly be getting this to replace my old DVDs of the movies. Finally the info on this long awaited box set is known. Even though they are not uncut it is better news than I expected.

darkesthorror
06-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Loomis, you've made some good points, I also agree that it's a fine DVD collection, if Paramount takes us for fools, I think the rest of us would agree that Paramount could'nt be a worse studio being that it's ashamed of the very franchise that built it's company from the ground up. Now take New Line Cinema for instance, the house that Freddy built, and they proudly state that. I was happy as a little school girl when Newline bought the rights to Friday the 13th. So here's the facts: Toybox/toolbox?, the studio that created the DVD collection had been interviewed and were stated saying things like we want to make this the best Friday the 13th DVD collection possible, but Paramount is holding us back, we've even had to can some of the extras(anyone remember the music videos?). They clearly, and horribly chose to go half ass on this collection, there's no 5.1 surround, and there are no remastered transfers, maybe there excuse is to wait until they release the DVD's uncut(considering they find all the appropriate deleted scenes and snippets) to go full force and release beautiful DVD's, but I think there going to see how well these DVD's sale and if they sale well, than they'll have double dip written all over their face. So the lesson of todays story is, if we want the "Alien Quadtrilogy" treatment, were going to half to all go out and spend $60.00.

SwampThing
06-30-2004, 08:04 AM
I'm getting this set too. (i only have the first Friday on DVD.)

If somebody want to read the Paramount Press Release:
http://www.dvdfile.com/news/web_wire/press_release/titles/fridaythe13th.html

rxfiend
06-30-2004, 08:07 AM
$60 for a bonus disc (already have the bare bone releases & R3 dvd of 1). nah, i think i will wait for the eventual bootleg copies of the bonus disc to pop up on ebay. maybe when the HD-DVD versions come out, i may spring for an upgrade.

SwampThing
06-30-2004, 08:20 AM
there's no 5.1 surround

False.
Chapter VII will have a DD 5.1 Surround track.

dwatts
06-30-2004, 09:52 AM
So what are the chances that a better box will appear in R2? I mean, they already have an uncut part I on the market.

old-boo-radley
06-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Apparantly that isn't the real cover, this is:

http://www.angelfire.com/film/conflictingreviews/f13set.txt

dwatts
06-30-2004, 11:03 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

wago70
06-30-2004, 04:47 PM
I see that horrid title font on the box - I wonder if www.dvdcoverart.com will have something better.

Stormrider
06-30-2004, 05:01 PM
So what company released the uncut R2 and R3 first part of Friday the 13th if not Paramount. Besides giving us the Bonus Disc they didn't bother to put the uncut footage back into the movies, but the uncut R2 and R3 DVD of the first part already exists with Sean Cunningham,Harry Manfredini,Adrienne King, Betsy Palmer commentary and "Return to Crystal Lake-Making Friday the 13th" documentary, so why not put that in the box?

Grim
06-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Warner Bros. released the R2 and R3.

dapigg
06-30-2004, 05:17 PM
I see that horrid title font on the box - I wonder if www.dvdcoverart.com will have something better.

Probably... if they (www.dvdcoverart.com )ever settle their pending legal issues and re-open their site. :mad:

Stormrider
06-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the information. So I probably end up getting the box and the R2 DVD of the first part to have at least Nr.1 uncut and Nr. 9 which has both versions on the DVD and was released by another studio.

dwatts
06-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Man, you think they'll ever get back online? what they were doing was a huge legal problem. I'd wager they'll never come back, at least in the format they were in.

rxfiend
06-30-2004, 06:38 PM
So what are the chances that a better box will appear in R2? I mean, they already have an uncut part I on the market.

none. Paramount owns the international rights to 2 - 8.

abattoir17
06-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Granted, I'm very disappointed that the set is so lacking, but since I only own the first film on DVD, I'll probably wind up getting the set. Since I'd like to have them all, it'll be cheaper than buying the discs individually.

The thing that really makes me apprehensive about the extras is that the deleted scenes are in a featurette. I have a feeling that some stuff is still going to get trimmed in order to fit the pacing of a traditional featurette. I'd rather have the material selectable from a menu than watch a special on it.

Mattster
06-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Fuck studios for messing with dvdcoverart.com. They weren't causing anyone any harm.

darkesthorror
07-01-2004, 03:59 AM
Your right SwampThing, The New Blood is being released in 5.1, but it was already originally released that way in the first place, the point I was making is that the new company toybox has made no new 5.1 tracks, but yes your right they are re-releasing it in 5.1

Drayton Sawyer
07-01-2004, 04:29 AM
Well most likely it'll go down to $45-50 at certain stores, such as Best Buy, who give price breaks for more business. I think it's garbage, and a slap in the face to "Friday" fans, to see these kind of special features. It should've been uncut, but it looks like this is the best we'll get, and for $45-50 bucks, I think it's worth a purchase. Hell, I dropped $50 just buying the bare-bones discs of Parts 2 & 4. So I think it's worth it for that reason, but this is just another prime example of how Paramount doesn't give a damn about the "Friday" films, or their fans.

Hellbilly
07-01-2004, 04:32 AM
No uncut me no buying, no matter how many "cool" extras are included on the bonus disc.

hots4
07-01-2004, 02:08 PM
I can't believe ANYBODY is thinking about buying this, the studio has not given us what we want (uncut versions of all films) so we should NOT BUY this travesty period!!!

dwatts
07-01-2004, 02:16 PM
-- They weren't causing anyone any harm.--

Of course they were. Pirates were extensively using the site to make covers for their illegal discs. Plus, it's simply a matter of copyright. Is it really surprising to you that you're not really allowed to copy covers that others have made for commercial use? That law is as old as the hills (as they say) :)

There's nothing to stop people opening a site of fan made covers - as long as they're not simply copies of the real thing.

dwatts
07-01-2004, 02:18 PM
--Hell, I dropped $50 just buying the bare-bones discs of Parts 2 & 4. So I think it's worth it for that reason--

Hm, for me it would a question of whether I'd spend ANOTHER $50. Not at all based on what I'd spent in the past.

wago70
07-01-2004, 04:51 PM
I suppose I'll get the Box set...sometime this year. I wish, however, that Amy Steel would have given an audio commentary - but her interviews should be more than enough. I also wish the films were uncut. Still, the Part 3 commentary is a shock. I'm buying the set just for that. I wonder if they'll have any TV spots instead of just the regular trailers. I recall Part 2 having the most varied spots on TV - some were short, some were long.

hell ya!
07-01-2004, 04:55 PM
I can't believe ANYBODY is thinking about buying this, the studio has not given us what we want (uncut versions of all films) so we should NOT BUY this travesty period!!!

Speak for yourself! :fuck:

kmkuwap
07-01-2004, 05:54 PM
:fire:

Never liked these movies so not bothered

might buy the first one on region 2 but thats it

NDIrish7
07-02-2004, 12:29 AM
I bought parts I and VI. I have been holding off buying others until the boxed set comes out. What disappoints me the most might be a clue to who else should be responsible (Other than Paramount) for the boxed set being less than a TOTAL success in the fans' view. What disappoints me the most is that it appears that the original does not get any extras at all. That also brings me to another point: Befoe totally blaming Paramount, what responsibility do Steve Miner and Sean Cunningham have? THEY were the ones who should have MADE SURE Paramount treated their movie with the love it deserves.

There is a place in Indy called "The Lasers Edge". They carry some various regions other than ours in the USA. I have seen a copy of Friday the 13th laying up there. I think it is the region for England. It is uncut and has a commentary. Where was Miner and Cuningham telling Paramount to include it for the USA?

Drayton Sawyer
07-02-2004, 01:09 AM
--Hell, I dropped $50 just buying the bare-bones discs of Parts 2 & 4. So I think it's worth it for that reason--

Hm, for me it would a question of whether I'd spend ANOTHER $50. Not at all based on what I'd spent in the past.

True, but I see it as, I paid $50 for two bare-bones discs. This time, i'm paying for 8 films, and some pretty good extras. That's how I see it. I paid $50 for two bare discs, what's the big deal in $50 for the first eight films & special features? :banana:

But regardless .... :fire: Paramount :fuck:

Michael
07-02-2004, 04:36 AM
No commentary on Part 1? How is this possible? There wasn't a single person associated with the original film that started the series available to sit down for two god damned hours?

NDIrish7
07-02-2004, 04:56 AM
Another thing that bugs me is the way some actors/actresses treat horor movies after they have macde it bigger (In the mainstream sense). Kevin Bacon never, to my knowledge will acknowledge that he was in Friday the 13th. Likewise, Jason Alexander, the rolly polly one from Seinfeld was in a horror movie called "The Burning" which is soon to be released on dvd. Watch for him. All praise goes out to Jamie Lee Curtis who has said she is proud of her beginnings.

Grim
07-02-2004, 05:13 AM
George Clooney still acknowledges that he was in Return of the Killer Tomatoes. :D

NDIrish7
07-02-2004, 05:17 AM
Thats great! George was also in "Return to Horror High".

rxfiend
07-02-2004, 07:46 AM
it's funny how AB promoted his name all over Return to Horror High, when in reality, his role was very small.

JEDEITOR
07-02-2004, 10:19 AM
----I think it is the region for England. It is uncut and has a commentary. Where was Miner and Cuningham telling Paramount to include it for the USA?----

Warner holds the rights of the first friday, so I guess they called Sean to do the commentary and they also did the documentary themselves, so Paramount doesn't have the rights to use it. Of course Paramount could have called Sean for another commentary, but here I see three options:

A) They did call, and he rejected the offer after realizing the crap Paramount was gonna sell.

B) They didn't call because they thought:"Oh, f*ck the fans, that damned freaks will buy the set anyways!"

C) They did call, he rejected and they thought: "Oh, f*ck that bunch of freaks, let's release another amazing boxset of Star Trek!"

I think they chose "C".

Grim
07-02-2004, 03:34 PM
it's funny how AB promoted his name all over Return to Horror High, when in reality, his role was very small.

Same with Billy Bob Thorton in Chopperchicks in Zombietown. It is absolutely hilarious, and kind sad, how they took a screencap of him, enlarged it, and stuck it smack dab on the cover, while all the main characters have a teeny little space at the bottom.Ok, getting way off topic here. i'll stop, back to Friday the 13th. I'm still picking this thing up, it'll be my first DVD purchase for most of the films anyway.

Livingdead102
07-02-2004, 04:10 PM
I understand why a lot of people are disappointed in the set, but I'm pretty excited about it. I on't own any of the original discs on DVD--I was tempted when they all dropped in price, but that was about when I heard about the box so I held off--so this set will be great for me and others like me. Those of you who already have many or all of the discs, I sympathize. But for the rest of us, this is a pretty killer set.

Also, I can understand why some people are upset about not getting uncut releases, but I like the cut versions. They're the ones I remember seeing as a kid, and the ones I rent from the video store every once in a while. Of course, I would still REALLY like to see uncut versions, but I'm not losing anything by buying cut versions. I'm just buying the films I've always enjoyed.

Of course, I would still REALLY like to see uncut versions.

Anthropophagus
07-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Have held off on buying any of the Friday titles, as I was hoping that eventually they would get kick ass special dvd editions comparable to Pioneer's Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Anchor Bay's Halloween. However, it seems that with this announcement Paramount has once again dropped the ball. Each film should have been a separate disc with its own special features, remastered audio/video, liner notes, etc-I would have gladly shelled out 100$-150$ bucks for this, however as it stands this will be a pretty flimsy excuse for a box set.

Grim
07-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Have held off on buying any of the Friday titles, as I was hoping that eventually they would get kick ass special dvd editions comparable to Pioneer's Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Anchor Bay's Halloween. However, it seems that with this announcement Paramount has once again dropped the ball. Each film should have been a separate disc with its own special features, remastered audio/video, liner notes, etc-I would have gladly shelled out 100$-150$ bucks for this, however as it stands this will be a pretty flimsy excuse for a box set.

We can't get too picky here.

DrGerbil
07-03-2004, 12:00 AM
Um, yes we can. I still have SP copies of all these films and frankly, the box set is NOT a must own. Oh well, my tapes will hold me over until HD rolls around... :fire:

Grim
07-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Um, yes we can. I still have SP copies of all these films and frankly, the box set is NOT a must own. Oh well, my tapes will hold me over until HD rolls around... :fire:

Going back and reading my post I realize I was a little too vague. It's fine to be picky, but I just think its funny how a lot of us (myself included sometimes) seem to think that Paramount owes us these extravagant Special Editions. I mean don't you guys realize that if enough of the Friday fans have this mentality and this box set doesn't sell, that that'll most likely be the end for Friday the 13th as far as Paramount is concerned? This is the best thing we can get right now, and there's no guarantee that there will be anything better in the future. If you feel like waiting than more power to you, for your sake I hope there will be a new and improved set down the road, but I will be perfectly content, atleast for the time being, with this set.

Stige
07-03-2004, 12:52 AM
I am a sucker, I will no doubt buy the box set. After all i bought return of the living dead because mgm said if enough sold they would consider an "ultimate edition" I wont get rid of my single discs either. That makes four friday discs so far( part one)

darkesthorror
07-03-2004, 06:06 AM
True, if enough people don't buy this set, Paramount will have lost alot of money and they would be very hesitant to double dip with a diffinitive box set. Either that or we will just have to start harrassing Paramount all over again to get an amazing box set. And trust me, if they hate us now, they'll really hate us then. OK, that's not true, Paramount loves us, were their little money makers.

evildeadfan123
07-03-2004, 07:17 PM
I had Friday, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4, and sold all copies when I read that Paramount was releasing the first 8 movies on DVD. I will most defintely buy this box set. I have Friday the 13th on VCD, which is the UNCUT version, and is the only way of knowing to get the 1st Friday the 13th UNCUT. I also have Friday the 13th, Part 3 in 3D. I purchased it on eBay about a year ago. In order to view Friday the 13th in 3D, you must have the LCD Shutter type glasses, which you can buy off of eBay. I was hoping that Paramount might buy Part 3 in 3D, just like it was originally released in 1983. I guess I will keep the copy I have.

Grim
07-03-2004, 11:20 PM
I have Friday the 13th on VCD, which is the UNCUT version, and is the only way of knowing to get the 1st Friday the 13th UNCUT.

There is an R2 DVD and an R3 DVD which present Friday the 13th in it's uncut form.

bigwes15
07-04-2004, 02:22 AM
Evildeadfan123-
How does the 3D work with the shutter glasses? I had also considered picking this up off of ebay, but wasn't sure how effective it would be. I got a producer's cut version of Halloween 6 off of the same guy (I think) who was selling this, and it was very interesting and worth getting even if the footage from the producer's cut was not in pristine shape.

bigdaddyhorse
07-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Like I said in other threads, I will buy this.....USED!
Paramount will never get another dime of my money after this shit, any P title I want I will wait and get it at a used store so they don't get shit from me!
FUCK YOU PARAMOUNT!

Vinman6
07-06-2004, 06:55 PM
so... what the hell is the point if these aren't the uncut versions!?? Frankly, this is pretty bad of paramount to do this to fans... a real big toe up the ass!

Drayton Sawyer
07-06-2004, 11:18 PM
You know, i'm undecided on what to buy, but I don't blame the fans for this attitude. Paramount are a bunch of blowhards. I mean from what I understand, Toybox or whatever the production company was called, wanted to do much more, but Paramount had the "oh that's enough, don't do anymore, it isn't that big of a deal".

That's what I heard. But it could be rumor ...

evildeadfan123
07-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Friday the 13th, 3D is easy to get. All you need to do is get the LCD Shutter glasses from Best Buy, the only bad thing about that is it costs about $85.00 plus tax, and you get 3 3D movies, depending on what set you get. The best place to try would be eBay. That were I purchased my LCD Shutter Glasses. Movies that were originally released in 3D, actually look really good with the LCD Shutters. House of Wax, is another movie, which I just received today, and I will watch it later. House of Wax is the 1953 movie with Vincent Price, and Charles Bronson.

H0MOSareGAY
07-11-2004, 12:21 AM
This is bullshit. I've been holding out on all the paramount films so I could get the boxed set. Fuck paramount, I'm not buying it. I'll tape them when they're on HBO.

VideoViolence
07-11-2004, 05:30 AM
It would've been better uncut, and if the series is/was the bastard son, then why'd they agree to do them in the first place??

WhiteTrash2000
07-11-2004, 07:11 AM
They knew if they spent very little, they'd make a profit.

Bobbywoodhogan
07-11-2004, 06:47 PM
I wil still buy this even though I own all the Friday's on DVD afterall I have the Evil Dead trilogy boxset and Evil Dead 3 again becuase of the alternate ending. I am quite excited about seeing the extras and I don't really care that all the films are 2 to a disc it just saves room for storage.