PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Deluxe

Dave
07-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Released in time for the highly anticipated theatrical release of Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse, Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment announces a special two-disc Deluxe Edition of the blockbuster film that started it all, RESIDENT EVIL, available on September 7 with a suggested retail price of $19.94.

Includes Free Movie Ticket to See Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse!

The all-new DVD features exclusive to RESIDENT EVIL DELUXE EDITION include:
an alternate ending with an introduction by director W.S. Anderson; a commentary by the visual effects team; a Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse clip compilation from the 2003 Fangoria Show; and eight new featurettes.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE: Digitally Mastered Audio & 16x9 Anamorphic Video
Remastered in High Definition
Audio: English, French, & Portuguese Dolby 5.1; Spanish Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Alternate ending with Director Paul Anderson's video introduction
Cast and Filmmaker's Commentary
Visual Effects Commentary
Resident Evil: Apocalypse Fangoria Clip Compilation
Featurettes: "Playing Dead: Resident Evil form Game to Screen," "Storyboarding Resident
Evil," "The Creature," "The Elevator," "The Laser," "The Train," "The Zombie Dogs," "Zombies," "Costumes," "Scoring Resident Evil," and "Secret Design" Filmographies
Bonus Previews
Scene Selections

moogong
07-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Kick ass....I know I have been waiting for this since before the first edition was released. Glad I didnt fall for the Superbit. Thanks for the info Dave!

ekent
07-07-2004, 12:03 AM
I was hoping for a longer cut, I'm glad I fell for the Superbit (DTS). I really like this movie but for some reason, I am not concerned about extras like I am with most movies I like. I thought the first release had an ample amount of extras. The 3rd release of the same movie should have been a longer cut.

SaviniFan
07-07-2004, 12:12 AM
I woulda bought had it been an uncut print, but if it's just a remastered re-issue with different extras I'll pass.

Nemesis
07-07-2004, 01:11 AM
I love this movie.. not sure if i love any movie enough to double dip unless there is some strong nostalgic reason to... this movie is new so that reason aint there.. I think i'll give my original release a viewing and see if it's transfer is suficient.

Mattster
07-07-2004, 01:20 AM
Yes it should have been uncut for that whole extra second...

Shannafey
07-07-2004, 01:35 AM
I really liked this movie, and it'll be worth it if it is $15 or under (which it will be first week of release), because the movie ticket to RS 2 will be worth $7-9 alone, and I planned on seeing the movie anyway!! I'm sure I can get at least $5 for the old one on Ebay. That would basically pay for the new one in full!!

Grim
07-07-2004, 03:55 AM
If it would have been an extended cut (ex. more story, not just gore) than I'd purchase this, other than that, I have no reason to upgrade.

SaviniFan
07-07-2004, 04:59 AM
Yes it should have been uncut for that whole extra second...

You'd be surprised what a whole second can contribute to a film.... :rolleyes:

geeare
07-07-2004, 04:45 PM
It says new High-Def transfer is this the superbit transfer???? I've been meaning to pick up the superbit edition (because I like quality not quantity) but if this has the same transfer I might just get it instead.

Dave
07-07-2004, 04:55 PM
It says new High-Def transfer is this the superbit transfer???? I've been meaning to pick up the superbit edition (because I like quality not quantity) but if this has the same transfer I might just get it instead.

I would bet that all 3 DVDs use the same source materials. The advantage to superbit is having no extras on it and using the extra space for a higher bitrate. So, if you want the superbit advantage, get the superbit release.

fceurich39
07-07-2004, 05:39 PM
i think i will half to pass just because i am satisfied with the one i got

Lawrence
07-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Is there an uncut version out there somewhere then? Just curious. If its only 1 second cut then Im not too bothered but I would sooner have an uncut print. If not I would probably buy this one as I dont already own it.

I think it was a good movie but I was stoned at the time I saw it!! :D

Geez yet another DVD I will have to buy in September, its gonna be such an expensive month...

Bigrob
07-07-2004, 07:24 PM
just saw the trailer for RE2 and it looks AWFUL!!!!!!
also, have a look for a website called aslyum of oblivion1 it's very cool!

Mattster
07-07-2004, 07:53 PM
I thought the RE2 trailer kicked ass. Sony knows how to put together trailers.

Grim
07-07-2004, 07:56 PM
I thought the RE2 trailer kicked ass. Sony knows how to put together trailers.

If we're talking about the trailer that plays out like a commercial, then I thought it kicked ass as well.

Gothic Queen
07-07-2004, 09:06 PM
I am so excited to see this movie, the first one was great but I can't wait to see the carnage that will revel the genius of the Dawn of the dead remake. This trailer wet my unstopable thirst for more zombie films.

Nemesis
07-08-2004, 04:38 AM
I'm really looking forward to RE2.. I wish there was a proper trailer released.. but i guess it will just mean i'll enjoy the movie even more knowing very little about it

Mattster
07-08-2004, 05:01 AM
The trailer I meant is the new one that went online yesterday.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/residentevilapocalypse.html

X-human
07-08-2004, 06:56 AM
I was hoping for the director's cut, this makes me doubt we'll ever get one. If they're not going to whip it out for RE2, I don't think they're ever pull that out until perhaps Blu-ray.

To hell with it, I've got more imporant movies to pick up.

Revoltor
07-08-2004, 07:30 AM
That's it? An extra ending?

Gimme a fucking break.

dwatts
07-08-2004, 08:53 AM
A very sad release indeed. The one I have looks good enough. It seems that forgot to put "deluxe" in the "Deluxe edition".

evildeadfan123
07-08-2004, 02:35 PM
I will be buying the new edition, mainly for the free ticket to RE 2, and the new features. I will sell my old Resident Evil.

Noto
07-08-2004, 03:14 PM
I will be buying the new edition, mainly for the free ticket to RE 2, and the new features. I will sell my old Resident Evil.

Same thing I will be doing probably.

gam3rd00d
07-09-2004, 01:01 AM
I have yet to see any version of this film, simply because I thought it was going to follow the exact plot of the first Resident Evil game and it did not, so I decided to pass on it. Now with this new version of the film on its way, I am considering purchasing Resident Evil on DVD. What version would you suggest I purchase?

dwatts
07-09-2004, 01:15 AM
If you're new, waiting for the new seems the best choice.

evildeadfan123
07-15-2004, 03:04 AM
The New Resident Evil will be about $14.99 at Best Buy. I just saw the price yesterday.

Basset
08-13-2004, 10:59 AM
I still did not like this movie too much. Too much CGI goreFX in steads of old fashion makeup. (When there was gore since it was a pretty "friendly" movie IMHO.
Maybe I need to watch it again.

John Gargo
09-01-2004, 05:23 PM
RESIDENT EVIL is the single worst zombie film I've ever seen... the story is ridiculous, there's too much CGI, and Anderson's direction is awful. The film treats the audience like they have ADD, with scenes cutting away without bothering to show us set-up or resolution (characters running away from zombies one second and then sitting around and talking in the next scene with no explanation on how they actually escaped). It's like playing the game and pushing START to skip all the cut scenes to get straight to the action. The trailer for the sequel was pretty laughable (with my friend, a big fan of the original, even admitting how bad it looks) but there's NO WAY it can be worse than the original...

Or can it? :nervous:

fceurich39
09-02-2004, 05:04 PM
i thought resident evil was good but not great but i am hoping that from what i saw of resident evil apaocalypse is that it looked to cartoonish/comic book style visual looke to it

BoredSeal
09-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Damn, why Columbia releases again R version? :( Director of this, Anderson had always so bad luck for censored versions - I heard they cut 15 minutes of gore and violence scenes from Event Horizon and because that was unfortunately Paramount movie, we will hardly ever see unrated version :(

SzL
09-18-2004, 05:27 PM
The alternate ending was pretty lame. Thank god they were able to make the one that eventually was used on the film. This movie was pretty boring for the most part, but it did have its good moments. Funny how Milla holds a big ass gun for all the promos and posters, yet she barely uses one in the first film. :lol:

Is there a place to review the 2nd one? I saw it the other week and all I can say is it's much more entertaining, but there are a few bad points.

CubeOfTheDead
09-18-2004, 10:22 PM
I almost picked this up today. But instead opted for Return to Horror High and C.H.U.D. I feel I made the right choice.

Workshed
09-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Is the commentary on this edition the same as on the "special edition" that came out before this? I read in another thread that after the special edition, Anderson said he wanted to do another commentary for this film. I want to make sure I get the original commentary, sounds like a hoot.

bigdaddyhorse
09-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Is the commentary on this edition the same as on the "special edition" that came out before this? I read in another thread that after the special edition, Anderson said he wanted to do another commentary for this film. I want to make sure I get the original commentary, sounds like a hoot.

I'm 99.99% sure it's on both discs. The newer disc also has a second commentary from the effects crew. I haven't watched with commentary in a long time but recall the first being the same on both discs, and yeah, it is a hoot. One of the funnest comms. I think of.

Workshed
09-23-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm 99.99% sure it's on both discs. The newer disc also has a second commentary from the effects crew. I haven't watched with commentary in a long time but recall the first being the same on both discs, and yeah, it is a hoot. One of the funnest comms. I think of.

Ok, I'll hunt around and see if I can find it used. Thanks.