PDA

View Full Version : Phantasm R2 Box Set

Dave
07-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Phantasm's End (http://www.phantasmsend.com) sent over word that Anchor Bay UK is planning on releasing a Phantasm box set. This would be a Region 2 PAL DVD set, FYI. While there has been rumor of this for years, Anchor Bay UK posted a note on their forum (http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3240&perpage=20&highlight=phantasm&pagenumber=2) which confirms that A) the box set is still happening, and B) the reason for the delay is because Don Coscarelli is personally supervising the remastering of each film. It sound as if the set will include all four of the Phantasm movies, which would be great.

No other details have been released, but with Don involved, I'd bet it's going to be a great set with lots of extras.

x666x
07-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Oh my god. This is awesome news. Can't wait.

dwatts
07-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Actually, this info is already in the forums ;)

Lyle Horowitz
07-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Good news. I love the first two, I actually like the third, and I loathe the fourth. I'll get this regardless, though, since I sold my R1 Phantasm disc when I was broke thinking I could get it anytime, anywhere for 10 bucks.

Dave
07-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Actually, this info is already in the forums ;)

Yah yah yah. While you (if I recall correctly) may be one of those that only visits the forum, there are actually people who do just the opposite. :confused: Crazy, I know.

x666x
07-08-2004, 07:02 PM
I do visit the forums more than anything else. I just thought the last time there was a thread on this, that the box set was still in the air. Although ABUK doesn't really have much info posted, it appears to be more concrete.

dwatts
07-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Sorry Dave - the inclusion of "news" in the forums as posts causes a very strange crossover. They appear as normal posts, and I've been replying to them in the same way. When visiting the forum I just click the "New Posts" button, which presents the posts as a long stream, and not confined to their forum (as it were). I don't usually bother which forum they come from. Personally I think this is a bit of a problem for your new forum based site - but I know you clearly think differently.

It's just a bit confusing when there are news items that are old by forum standards :D

evildeadfan123
07-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Does anyone know if Anchor Bay is thinking of releasing Phantasm 2 and 3 on DVD. I already have 1 and 4. I have been waiting for a long time for those 2 to come out on DVD. VHS is just not the same for Parts 2 and 3

Mattster
07-09-2004, 12:43 AM
I might be wrong, but I think Universal has the rights to 2 and 3 in the states.

Dusk
07-09-2004, 01:08 AM
Coscarelli has the rights back to part three. As posted on phantasmsend.com, Anchor Bay US are doing part three. I assume it will be whatever Don rustles up for the UK set.

Drayton Sawyer
07-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Why can't we get this stuff in the states. I'm the biggest Phannie, and this sounds ball-tacular!

Hellbilly
07-09-2004, 08:16 AM
Why can't we get this stuff in the states. I'm the biggest Phannie, and this sounds ball-tacular!Get a region free player and your all set :)

Cujo108
07-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Saw this news at the Corner:

Phantasm fans, rejoice! Well, sort of...

The website for all things Phantasm, aptly titled Phantasm's End, learned some new information recently about the forever-in-the-works box set of Phantasm films that Anchor Bay UK is supposed to be putting out. If you head on over to AB UK's official site, you'll see a note stating that director Don Coscarelli is personally overseeing the remasters and transfers of all four movies, which goes a long way to explaining the delay.

However...we first got this info on Monday and I e-mailed Don right away for confirmation, who said though there is a lot of interest, no plans are set for it yet. Not sure what these two fairly conflicting pieces of news might mean, but I guess we'll find out in due time.

Hmm, what Coscarelli said in that Email sucks. I really hope this comes out soon. Phantasm is my favorite horror series aside from Hellraiser, and I'm dying to have the entire series on DVD.