PDA

View Full Version : Killer Condom - What do you think?

jae
02-04-2001, 06:31 AM
I saw this movie today and thought it was pretty good.. I'm not sure it qualifies as a horror movie although any movie with in the neighborhood of 20 penises bitten off by carnivorous condoms sort of qualifies.. :)

Anyways I was thinking of picking up the DVD, then I saw it was released by Troma and I sort of lost all hope of it being any good.. Has anyone seen this DVD and can give me some information on it? Does the video suck as much as I think it does?

What do you think of the movie?

The Chaostar
02-04-2001, 11:45 AM
I saw the movie in cinema and it's ratio was 1.85.1. How troma released this on DVD? Full-frame? I liked the movie though it has it's share of problems (the last 15 minutes are a letdown). Is the commentary from the director & Jorg Buttgereit any good?

mutleyhyde
02-04-2001, 01:17 PM
Hey Jae, Killer Condom dvd doesn't suck... it bites! Ah-ha-ha-ha!! Ooh, I kill me sometimes :rolleyes: .

The Chaostar
02-04-2001, 04:09 PM
You're killing me mutleyhyde!

jae
02-04-2001, 04:55 PM
I agree it has some problems.. I felt it was just too long overall and seems to wander in the second half..

As far as the DVD goes, the video on it is supposedly matted around 1.44:1 or so.. or just slightly widescreen.. I've heard that it was shot at everything from 1.66:1 to 2.35:1
I don't know how the commentary is.. I do know that I don't like paying 23$ for a DVD packed with extras that has nothing to do with the movie.. :)