PDA

View Full Version : Universal TV on DVD

Dave
07-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Prepare for the chill of a lifetime as the master of suspense, Rod Serling, hosts over 20 stories of terror in NIGHT GALLERY ($59.98). This classic series on DVD features the original pilot movie and every spine-tingling episode from the complete first season. Thrill to stories adapted from short story legends such as H. P. Lovecraft and Conrad Aiken, performed by Hollywood greats including Diane Keaton, Joan Crawford and Roddy McDowall, and directed by cinematic masters like Steven Spielberg in this unforgettable series - available on DVD for the first time on August 24, 2004.

On August 3rd, sci-fi fans will relish the DVD release of the complete first and second season of SLIDERS ($89.98 SRP), deemed "Fox's hottest cyber-buzz show since 'The X-Files'" by TV Guide. The series centers on brilliant grad student Quinn Mallory (Jerry O'Connell), who opens a wormhole to parallel universes where history has taken different paths, some subtly changed and others radically different. Quinn's first voyage goes awry, stranding his physics professor Arturo (John Rhys-Davies), his friend Wade (Sabrina Lloyd) and bystander Rembrandt (Cleavant Derricks) in parallel San Franciscos, "sliding" from one alternate reality to another unable to return home. Arriving in a 6-disc collection, bonus features that whisk viewers to an alternate reality include audio commentary of the pilot episode with creators Tracy Torme and Robert K. Weiss and interviews with series star Jerry O'Connell.

Celebrating its 40th Anniversary, the first season of America's first family of fright, THE MUNSTERS, releases on DVD for the first time ever. Starring Fred Gwynne and Yvonne De Carlo, this timeless collection, which has entertained fans of all ages and generations, is available to own at $59.98 SRP. DVD fans will take a trip back to the spooky house at 1313 Mockingbird Lane as the highly-collectible set includes the wacky un-aired pilot episode plus all 38 episodes from THE MUNSTERS first season. Get ready to laugh as the decent and loving family can't understand why the outside world reacts to them with shock and horror.

Additional gems to be released as the Universal TV vaults open include ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS, the classic series which offered a chilling story in each episode by the master of suspense himself; AMAZING STORIES, the Emmy(r)-Award winning anthology series created and produced by Steven Spielberg featuring an incredible roster of guest appearances including Clint Eastwood, Martin Scorsese, Kevin Costner, Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Drew Barrymore and many more.

SLIDERS: THE FIRST & SECOND SEASONS (August 3, 2004)

THE MUNSTERS: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (August 24, 2004)

NIGHT GALLERY: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (August 24, 2004)

AMAZING STORIES: SEASON ONE (November 2, 2004)

Shannafey
07-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Wow!! Some good news for anthology fans!! Sliders was great the first couple of seasons as well, but quickly went downhill, or should I say, "Started to slide downhill!"

BTW: Did you get my PM about Monsters, Dave?

Jimbo
07-11-2004, 05:57 PM
I am looking forward to Night Gallery.This will sit well with my Twilight zone collection.
Cant wait for the Hitchcock Presents.

betterdan
07-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Don't get too excited about the night Gallery set. Word is that they haven't been remastered since 1991 and Serling's widow isn't too happy about the release. Pisses me off, Serling deserves better treatment.
http://www.nightgallery.net/Images/serlingmemo.jpg

Wermode
07-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Night Gallery deserves a high quality release, so I'll wait for the reviews. I wonder how many others from my generation got turned onto horror by this series...

Vinman6
07-14-2004, 03:53 PM
I agree completely about the remastering.. BUT!! I think it's great that these are coming out AT ALL... remember the one with Roddy McDowell as the totally bitchy, greedy, and downright evil (nephew?) in the story where the picture on the staircase reflects what's happening in the graveyard... Totally cool and I've had a 3rd gen dupe of that one from a video rental... and god knows when that cassette was made. I'm just thankful that these are coming out...

Vinman6
07-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Above post referring to the Night Gallery episode with Roddy McDowell of course.....