PDA

View Full Version : Ginger Snaps 3 Specs

rhett
07-16-2004, 04:09 AM
In what should be the final cog in the hit Canadian horror series, Ginger Snaps III: The Beginning should also make one solid DVD. As with the previous two films, the Canadian DVD will be more feature laden than the sister American release. Here is what to expect on Lions Gate's Canadian DVD:

Anamorphic widescreen
English and French Dolby Digital 5.1
Commentary with director Grant Harvey
Deleted Scenes
Director Grant Harvey's Video Diary
Wolfboy Special Effects Make-up and stunt Rehearsal
Blood, Guts and Fire - Dead Scene Special Effects and Stunts
Costume Design
Behind the Scenes
Production Design Walk Through
Trailer
Trailer Gallery

The US disc will be similar, although it will not include the director's commentary or the trailers. Retail for the disc will be $24.95, and it will be streeting on September 14th (a week later than the US disc). Thanks to Creature Corner for the information.

Loomis
07-16-2004, 07:15 AM
God bless the Canadians.

Ginger Snaps was one of those films I picked up on a whim out of a bargain bin, and have loved the franchise ever since.

It is doubtful that Ginger Snaps 3 will ever be released theatrically here (2 wasn't), so I guess another trip to DVDSoon is in order...

Hellbilly
07-16-2004, 07:28 AM
I heard the transfer for the Canadian release of Ginger Snaps 2 wasn't that great?
Anyways, this one looks like a solid release.

rxfiend
07-16-2004, 07:50 AM
missing commentary and trailers for US disc? that's not too bad. i know on GS2, they took off some featurettes which pissed me off. at any rate, i can't wait for this dvd!!

Loomis
07-16-2004, 12:19 PM
I heard the transfer for the Canadian release of Ginger Snaps 2 wasn't that great?
Anyways, this one looks like a solid release.

From DVDcompare.net:

"Canadian version has a bigger set of extras (although it does lose the commentary track on the deleted scenes)"

Basically, the Canadian version has some behind the scenes stuff and an audition tape; but the US has audio commentary on the deleted scenes instead.

Not sure what the Canadian looked like though, as I bought the US (not sure why I did that now...).

Tom Servo
07-24-2004, 01:01 AM
I will buy this after I get Ginger Snaps II, but I'm going to wait for a price drop of the second one.

6thdoctor
07-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Have yet to see the sequel. But I have the Canadian version of Ginger Snaps and it is loaded and rocks. What was missing in the American version?

Deus Ex Machina
07-25-2004, 01:13 AM
for the first Ginger Snaps? everything.

the American release was improperly framed and had no exras

dapigg
08-05-2004, 03:01 PM
I purchased the Canadian version of the first movie online (I just can't remember from which online retailer). Any recommendations as to where to pre-order/order the Canadian part 3?

JuggaloNeighbor
09-02-2004, 06:11 AM
I bought the Canadian disc of the original at www.Thunderdvd.com and that's where I'm planning on ordering the Canadian disc for Snaps Back at.

DrGerbil
09-02-2004, 08:15 AM
http://dvdsoon.ca/show-title-details.xml?uid=20475

With free shipping, the total comes to $10.70. :fire: