PDA

View Full Version : Is AB still doing Bruno Mattei's films on dvd?

Jason25
08-10-2001, 08:57 AM
A while back at one of their chats, Anchor Bay said that they had plans to release selected titles from Bruno Mattei on dvd, like they did with Fulci and Argento. I laughed at this and still do, Mattei is garbage and his films have absolutely nothing going for them. Anyway, I haven't heard anymore about this and AB's website makes no mention of this. I was wondering if I just missed something or if anyone out there has any information on this.

NickyDoyle
08-10-2001, 07:08 PM
Fortunatly (or unfortunatly, depending on your perspective), one Mattei film is still in the works. The movie AB will release will be Hell of the Living Dead (aka Night of the Zombies, Zombie Creeping Flesh, Virus, blah blah blah). I went on the IMDb, and it had a 2.9/10!

If thats an indication, I don't think I'll hold my breath for its release.

Hope this helps Jason :D .

DeepDownTraumaHound
08-11-2001, 01:03 AM
or Hell of the Living Dead is awful. I own a busted ass VHS copy, but the movie itself is too flawed for enjoyment. (And i do hate those damn out of sync dubs) If you like crappy Euro zombie filcks, get it. If not, then stay away.

bruce h
08-11-2001, 01:20 AM
AB are also supposed to be doing Mattei's hilarious postnuke Rats: Nights of Terror

Trout
08-11-2001, 02:54 AM
How can you not like Night of the zombies? I would rank this film right up there with Burial Ground as an all time classic. ;)

Seriously, it is bad, but I will buy it (and I do enjoy it way too much).

Mark Relford
08-11-2001, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Trout
Seriously, it is bad, but I will buy it (and I do enjoy it way too much).

Same here. It'll be right next to my cherished NOTLD: 30th Anniversary edition.;):D

For your reading pleasure:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/nightzombies/index.html

skinnypuppy6
08-11-2001, 10:52 PM
Night Of The Zombies - Hell Of The Living dead needs to be on dvd uncut I will by it!! I own the vhs and still enjoy it for its humor.

zombi3
09-02-2001, 09:25 AM
Anchor Bay is supposed to be releasing both Hell of the Living Dead and Rats: Night of Terror in Feb '02. Two chunks of fine Italian cheese if you ask me! Lenzi's Nightmare City is also scheduled for a dvd release in Aug '02. Hopefully these will all receive the "proper treatment".

skinnypuppy6
09-02-2001, 11:43 PM
mmmmmm!---italian cheese!:D

zombi3
09-03-2001, 11:41 AM
Has anyone seen Mattei's The Other Hell? In my opinion, not as good as Rats or Hell of the Living Dead, but it's still pretty warped.
Worth a look!
If I remember correctly it's got that crazy old lady Iris from Buried Alive in it too.:D

bruce h
09-03-2001, 05:45 PM
The Other Hell (1980) Ė Suitably sick Carnage-in-a-Convent flick with a strong giallo influence directed by Bruno Mattei. Despite being known as a major hack, Mattei has actually crafted a damn good thriller here, and if thatís not enough thereís some cut off vaginas, torched priests, barfing nuns and entrail yanking to win you over. Plotwise itís pretty simple: after several apparent suicides the church calls in a cop-priest (for lack of a better word) who attempts to get to the bottom of things, but donít be fooled, this one will keep you glued Ďtil the end. Also, as an added bonus there is a catchy score by European soundtrack gurus Goblin. You canít lose. Letterboxed in English with Japanese subtitles. (88m 30s)
bruce h

Trout
09-03-2001, 06:34 PM
Goblin soundtrack? Did Mattei rip off other movie soundtracks like he did with Night of the Zombies? Still, it sounds interesting.

skinnypuppy6
09-03-2001, 08:16 PM
"some cut off vaginas and entrail yanking ".... must see! hehe:)