PDA

View Full Version : Cut Throats Nine

BloodMan
08-03-2004, 05:58 AM
OK. I have been looking around for quite some time for this film. I have read about it in many magazines and some online places. I finally ordered it and checked it out.
K, first off... the print is kinda rough, there are speckles and such on the print. Its an old movie too so I guess its alright. It is presented in 1.85:1 widescreen, though it looks more like 1.66:1. Audio is english.
Ok, pretty simple story. Wagonload of prisoners are being taken to new prison elsewhere when the wagon is attacked by a bunch of bad guys. Apparently the wagon was supposed to have a cache of gold onboard but they find nothing, kill the guards let the horses run off with the wagon of baddies (the general and his daughter are in the wagon too) Anyway, they crash and one of em is hurt bad. The cons are all chained together. The general still makes it his business to take these men to the prison so off they go across the rugged cold mountains and whatnot. Then it gets pretty violent from here, though not as violent as some would lead you to believe. Sure it has a dudes face shot off, a body burnt, another man burned alive, etc... The problem with this film is it doesn't know who to follow as its main character. We follow the general for a long time and we start to get into the groove that this is our main character, then the general gets stiffed and we follow one of the cons, etc...
It is something to watch I guess. But it goes for like 30 bucks US so if you can find it real cheap, it might be a purchase worth getting if you are into the whole western type of thing. The disc also has a small photo gallery and two trailers for the film.
I guess I'm holdng onto this disc simply cuz I want all the "famous" westerns. :)

One other thing... the audio goes out of sync for the last 5 minutes or so of the film. We hear what happens a full 5 or 6 seconds before whatever happens happens.

gore
12-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I am thinking about getting this for a western fan for christmas. Is it worth all the hype in terms of violence etc? If not, does it hold up well as a collectable item or at least make for an enjoyable viewing?

russweiss
12-29-2008, 01:43 AM
I bought a bootleg of this from Video Search of Miami years ago and as usual the film couldn't live up to the hype.

x666x
12-29-2008, 02:00 AM
I got a boot of this film. It was terrible. The hype did not even make sense as I read it was supposed to be more violent than most westerns. Nope.

Just stick to the AB Spaghetti Westerns box set if you want to see some good off the radar westerns.

Darga
12-29-2008, 06:27 AM
Yup, if you don't own it don't buy it. I have a horrible collectors OCD so I still own it but could really care less. If anyone wants to borrow it for the cost of shipping I'm open.

f.ramses
04-28-2010, 02:04 PM
I've been wanting to pick this one up for some time now and it appears that there are two editions of this movie, a Brazilian release on the Ocean Pictures label and in The Spaghetti Western collection from Diamond. Is there a reason to go with one over the other that anyone knows of (aside from getting all those other movies included in the collection)?

Mutilated Prey
04-28-2010, 02:40 PM
I have a pretty decent Widescreen (non-anamorphic) copy of this. I can't remember for the life of me where I got it. I'll check it out when I get home.

Beastus
04-28-2010, 03:00 PM
There's also a US version from Eurovista, which is in widescreen. Also includes some trailers, bios etc.

f.ramses
04-28-2010, 06:17 PM
I have a pretty decent Widescreen (non-anamorphic) copy of this. I can't remember for the life of me where I got it. I'll check it out when I get home.

Cool, thanks!

There's also a US version from Eurovista, which is in widescreen. Also includes some trailers, bios etc.

Yeah, that's the one I wanted but unfortunately it's long out of print and there do not seem to be any that are priced at amounts I'd consider reasonable (same with the German DVD). I've been keeping my eye on that one for a while and at this point I figure my only chance for a real DVD would be one of those two other editions.

Darga
04-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Wow, I didn't know that Eurovista version was going for that much money. I might have to unload mine on Ebay.

DeathDealer
04-30-2010, 02:40 AM
Really fantastic Western. Been ages since I saw it, but man did it leave an impressive impact. UTTERLY Underrated!

Mutilated Prey
04-30-2010, 03:46 AM
Cool, thanks!

Yeah, I have the Eurovista version, but I think it's a bootleg.

f.ramses
04-30-2010, 04:26 AM
Yeah, I have the Eurovista version, but I think it's a bootleg.

I think that Eurovista/Alfa Digital/Shoarma Digital was a completely bootleg operation but hey, they had some decent movies and did factory DVDs! :] I'm pretty sure at least one of their releases was re-released on another label so I'm hoping maybe that's the case with one of those others, or at least something comparable; I'll probably roll the dice one of these days...

Beastus
04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
The company's still active. They use the names Telavista and Substance now.

MorallySound
04-30-2010, 04:37 PM

Confirms their Cut Throats Nine was unauthorized then. They're notorious for releasing titles they don't have any rights for.

Darga
04-30-2010, 08:04 PM

Substance is still around? Didn't they release Cannibal Holocaust and Bad Taste bootlegs waaay, waaay back?

Eddyw78
04-30-2010, 09:13 PM
I got a copy off Xploited cinema years ago. Didnt relaise it was rare now though. I enjoyed it but then I am a western fan. The girl was in Cannibal Man too.