PDA

View Full Version : Blood from the mummy's tomb - PG?

ephilman
08-12-2001, 06:29 PM
I just watched BLOOD FROM THE MUMMY'S TOMB for the first time and I was very happy with the gratuitous throatripping. I was shocked to see that this was rated PG by the MPAA in 1971. There isn't this much oozing blood in R movies today. Talk about being inconsistant! It's like being able to say "F*k" in a PG Micheal J Fox movie - it makes little sense.

mutleyhyde
08-20-2001, 03:59 AM
SPOILER AHEAD!!

Continue at your own risk...

Well, I did wonder if there was a cut scene during the opening ceremony. When the one priest goes to chop Tara's hand off (heh, big spoiler - that's on the cover of the dvd!) there seemes to be a very quick cut to the next scene of a close-up of one of the priests, then back to the hand on the platter. I wonder if at one point they actually filmed the axe chopping into the wrist. Not that I'd blame Anchor Bay. This is probably the most complete version available to them, and I bet such footage has been long lost. I just wonder out of curiosity. Otherwise, yes, a very bloody movie indeed.

And Valerie Leon! What assets! :D

skinnypuppy6
08-21-2001, 04:32 AM
in 71 they only had G, PG, R and my personal fav. X

Chucky P
08-21-2001, 05:17 AM
According to the dvddrive-in review the movie was cut to recieve to PG rating in the states and AB released the movie (the first time on home video) uncut so maybe that's the reason.

Anyway here's a link to the review if you want to see for yourself.

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/bloodfrommummy%27stomb.htm