PDA

View Full Version : Something I read on Ebay

Numania
08-06-2004, 12:23 AM
***From the David Wallace Collection***

David Wallace won a massive injury lawsuit in the mid 1990's. He lived in Chicago and bought one each of about half of all laserdiscs that came out for about seven years, up until his death about two years ago. Over half were never opened. After he died last year, we purchased the collection and will be selling these laserdiscs over the next few weeks. You might want to start checking all auctions by magicprincess for the next two months if you are a laserdisc collector. His collection included many imports from Japan, boxed sets, cartoon discs etc.

Don't know what they're selling or how well they're priced, but check seller magicprincess for some LD finds.

Found this looking for RocketMan on LD.

wizzer
08-06-2004, 12:34 AM
here's the good one. but the fiends have already bid it out of my reach.

http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=381&item=6312622817

bigdaddyhorse
08-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Interesting list there, one (maybe 2) questions.
Why in the world is the "I Spit On Your Grave" ld up to $51.00 (at time of post)? It claims un-cut, but aren't both dvd versions also un-cut (like they claim).
Crazy LD collectors or something else?

X-human
08-06-2004, 06:43 AM
Nothing too interesting.

Agent Z
08-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Interesting list there, one (maybe 2) questions.
Why in the world is the "I Spit On Your Grave" ld up to $51.00 (at time of post)? It claims un-cut, but aren't both dvd versions also un-cut (like they claim).
Crazy LD collectors or something else?

Completists. Simple as that. Throw all logic out the window when it comes to fans.

It's the same reason why you'll find me bidding on old VHS copies of movies that I already have in my dvd case (like Sleepaway Camp, for instance).

Dave
08-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Some people like the larger covert art, too. There are some particular Japanese LDs that I'd like to acquire for cover art alone, as I'd like to frame them for my future home theater room.

bigdaddyhorse
08-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Thanks guys.
I hadfeeling that might be it, but it still is a lot of $ to be dropping for some artwork. I like the large LD artwork too, but not that much (just enough to hold on to my Escape From New York, The Fog and Fear of a Black Hat lasers when the dvds got announced).
I usedto be a completist, but have worked hard to drop that habit since I quit collecting comics.