PDA

View Full Version : Maniac Cop Trilogy

ian
08-13-2001, 06:42 PM
I finally got myself a copy of the elusive Elite DVD of Maniac Cop and got to wondering if anyone knew of any plans for the release of the 2nd and third parts? I really dug this series and would like to see the two sequals released.

Ian

Yowie
08-13-2001, 08:13 PM
I'm not that into the sequels, although they would be nice to have, but I quite like the first "Maniac Cop". I've been a little hesitant with purchasing the DVD though, because I've read mostly bad reviews regarding the picture quality. -It says it's grainy, muddy and generally awful. Is it really that bad, or is it acceptable ?. I mean, Lustig found it worth adding a commentary, so can it really be that terrible looking ?.

ian
08-13-2001, 10:51 PM
i can't honestly answer, haha. i just got it yesterday. unfortunately, my dvd player is on it's way to my new residence and i won't be able to watch it until after i move next week. i'd be willing to post a review though if anyone wants to read it.

Funktion
08-14-2001, 01:28 AM
The dvd is out-of-print, if I'm not mistaken (some people are winning some huge bucks with this dvd...).

The dvd is kind of weak in terms of audio/video, it looks like a vhs tape (it doesn't bother me...).
But there are lots of "alternate footage" from tv versions + an audio commentary track, so I actually enjoy it.

I lived 20 years with the vhs format so buying a dvd with an audio/video quality similar to a vhs tape doesn't bother me.
This "dvd generation" is spoiled... ;)

Get this dvd if you can, since there isn't any new edition planned...