PDA

View Full Version : Tenebrae Comment

keith70
08-15-2001, 06:51 AM
Was anyone else suprised to find out that the actress wearing the red shoes was a man in real life? I can see it now, but I'm still in shock. Don't worry, this isn't a plot spoiler. The girl in the film was played by a man. Man, Argento is just full of suprises. Isn't he?

The Chaostar
08-15-2001, 01:46 PM
Argento has commented that this desicion has to do with the "double nature" concept that is scattered throughout the film. Like the scene where Gemma bends down to reveal Franciosa just behind him (a scene that De Palma stole and used in Raising Cain claiming that he did it better!) - it's like seing the two faces of the human nature. Argento always has something deep and meaningfull to say. Did you know that he considers TENEBRE a science fiction movie?

Paff
08-15-2001, 05:40 PM
heheh.....that "hiding behind the other guy" scene was also used in Idle Hands. But when you listen to the commentary, at least the director admits "I stole this scene from Dario Argento's Tenebrae"

DefJeff
08-15-2001, 06:37 PM
hey i was really surprised to find that out .. i couldnt tell .. i read somewhere that the scenes when you just see the legs and red shoes are actually a woman in the shoes, and all the other scenes when you actually see the chick is the guy

Oogie Boogie
08-15-2001, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Paff
heheh.....that "hiding behind the other guy" scene was also used in Idle Hands. But when you listen to the commentary, at least the director admits "I stole this scene from Dario Argento's Tenebrae"
He also admits stealing for Suspiria! Funny!