PDA

View Full Version : Can I get some opinions on the Bava boxset?

joltaddict
12-27-2000, 10:55 PM
Three movies for $50 seems like a pretty good deal, I want Twitch of the Death Nerve more but this would probally hold me over longer. I have never seen any of the flicks (Blood and Black Lace, The Whip and the Body, Kill,Baby...Kill!). The only Bava I have now is Black Sabbath.

Jason25
12-28-2000, 01:19 AM
I'm waiting for mine to get here. I'm very excited over this set.

Jason25
12-28-2000, 01:21 AM
I'm also eagerly awaiting Bay of Blood. I hate waiting for release dates. Thankfully I have Dave's review to hold me over until then.

SantaSangre
12-29-2000, 05:15 AM
Well, I just got mine from express.com (I canceled my order with buy.com) and so far I've watched B&BL and its extras. The transfer is great with colors like you wouldn't believe. Just look at the american trailer (which is quite funny) to see how washed out it might have looked. The commentary is packed with information and has me anxiously awaiting Tim's book. They also include a whole slew of trailers and I'll list them here. If you want to be surprised then stop reading.

Planet of the Vampires
Erik the Conqueror
American trailer (B&BL)
French trailer (B&BL)
Italian trailer (B&BL)
French trailer (Whip & the Body)
and some assorted previews on Kill Baby Kill that I haven't looked at yet.
Carey

jae
01-02-2001, 06:26 AM
back from vacation..

if you like black sabbath i would say you'll love the box set. the color in whip and the body (made in 1963, same year as sabbath) is possibly even more stunning. if you like gothic or supernatural horror, you'll probably like kill, baby kill!.. it definately has some creepy moments similar to the shining..

I hadn't seen any of these movies before I bought the box and didn't expect to like blood and black lace (this type of thing just isn't my thing).. but i enjoyed BABL more than I expected. good color, some nice gothic atmosphere, music, suspense.. I'm glad I bought it.