PDA

View Full Version : Four Flies on Grey Velvet

keith70
08-19-2001, 02:45 AM
http://www.teleport-city.com/movies/reviews/horror/4flies.html
Okay Anchor Bay. Where's the dvd? Don't give it to Troma. There likely to retitle it Four Fries on Grey Velveta.

skinnypuppy6
08-19-2001, 03:18 AM
yeah sombody has to own the rights to release it on dvd

Andrew
08-19-2001, 04:45 AM
Paramount has the rights, but God knows what they'll do with 'em.

skinnypuppy6
08-19-2001, 05:19 AM
Paramount will release some shitty verson if the put it on disc at all

AceRimRat
08-19-2001, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by skinnypuppy6
Paramount will release some shitty verson if the put it on disc at all

Actually, it'll probably have pretty decent image and sound.

But no features and a $30 price tag.

:D

Mario77
08-19-2001, 10:37 AM
Paramount has said, on HTF, that Four Flies On Grey Velvet is one of their top requested titles, very high on the list - and that list will make up their deep catalogue release roster for 2002. That's a pretty acurate paraphrase of their statement. I take it to mean they are well aware of the demand for this movie and plan on releasing it within a year or so. They also said that how quickly these top requested titles get released depends on, of course, the condition of the original negatives and what supplements (if any) can be found.
When it comes, it very well may be a bare-bones release. But I for one will be ecstatic to finally have it on DVD. I love this movie! It's definitely one of Argento's most underrated films.

mutleyhyde
08-19-2001, 08:07 PM
Paramount is expensive.
Paramount couldn't care less about supplements.
Paramount does however consistantly put out dvds of older films with incredible transfers. For that, I'll support them, and have all faith that they'll do right with Four Flies. :)

Ele-Mantle
08-19-2001, 10:46 PM
Who cares about wether or not it will come with supplements?
It would be incredible if it would get released at all! I sometimes get the feeling that some so called 'dvd freaks' really only care about the extras.
For me, having an - uncut - widescreen transfer is fuckin special and more than satisfying! Sure, gadgets are fun but c'mon guys, isn't it the movie that counts?

AceRimRat
08-20-2001, 12:26 AM
I agree completely with Hyde, and I want to say in response to Ele-Mantle's comment, my only particular beef with Paramount is the cost. Their bare-bones discs are the best around as far as picture and sound, which is why I keep buying them, but their pricing structure makes those discs far more costly than most bare-bones discs, and more expensive than many special editions.

Otherwise, bring it on.

keith70
08-20-2001, 06:05 AM
So Paramount owns Four Flies and Diabolik? These guys are hording way to many classics.
Don't forget, they also have The Indiana Jones Trilogy and Top Secret(My favorite of the ZAZ team) in addition to Four Flies, Diabolik, and the Friday 13th series. Time for Paramount to get on the ball.

Yowie
08-20-2001, 10:55 PM
Paramount DVDs are expensive, yes, but I agree their picture quality is excellent. Too bad about the few extras, although I just bought "Marathon Man" and it has lots of extras. So they are improving. And I somehow can't imagine they'll release the Indy trilogy bareboned, can you ?.