PDA

View Full Version : Disco Luck (Discontinued, that is); DAWN OF THE STINK'IN DEAD!!!

mutleyhyde
12-28-2000, 01:43 AM
Wow - what luck! I was checking out www.dvdpricesearch.com (http://www.dvdpricesearch.com) and found that both Anchor Bay's Crimes of Passion AND Heathers is listed as discontinued (I don't want to start any rumors; that's just how they're listed). At the time, they listed Sam Goody as having them for 6.99 a piece. "Well shoot," I said, "I'll just mosey over and see if I can't order 'em."
Not only could I order them, but Sam still had Dawn of the Dead Directors Cut listed for 19.99. I thought "Surely this is old info." but went ahead and slapped that credit card down, hoping beyond hope that they'd at least have one or two of these fine titles for me. Now, as I placed my order, the price on Heathers and Crimes went up a dollar each, right before my very eyes. "Pretty odd" I thought, but then I wasn't bitching too much, as that's still a good price, and I probably wouldn't actually get them anyway...

Lo and behold! When I got home from work today, what else was in my e-mail but none other than an order confirmation? I'll tell ya what; that's right, an order shipment confirmation, consisting of ALL THREE TITLES even!!! WOO-HOO! I was quite happy - still am, truth be told. They are on the way; I can't believe it!

So, y'all pony up and head over to Sam's. Maybe you'll get lucky too. Here's yer link... http://www.samgoody.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce 3/ExecMacro/SamGoody/VideoProductPage.mac/report?amgId=V++++12579&prodCode=03&refCode=112701 (http://www.samgoody.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/SamGoody/VideoProductPage.mac/report?amgId=V++++12579&prodCode=03&refCode=112701)
Kinda long, ain't it?

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

[This message has been edited by mutleyhyde (edited 12-27-2000).]

joltaddict
12-28-2000, 02:07 AM
I LOVE Heathers!!! I'm gonna wait for the new edition rather than get something just so I can have something few others have though. The one in the works is gonna be anamorphic and may have some extras.

mutleyhyde
12-28-2000, 02:18 AM
Ahh... see, I knew it, but I just couldn't find any info on a future release. At the cheap price, I thought I'd play it safe. I love Heathers too, but it's just been on the back-burner as there are just so many titles out there! I must admit, I do tend to let availability determine my purchases now and then. And even though I know that Dawn is coming out again, I just had to get it, you know? Crimes was totally an impulse buy though. At the price, I just thought "why not?".

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

M. Hyde

joltaddict
12-28-2000, 02:43 AM
Yeah, but how long will I be waiting? Thats the catch isn't it? I am VERY VERY VERY glad I waited for the new Seven, but my VHS of Heathers is unwatchable. Meanwhile you will be enjoying yours.

Catch 22. I needed Dusk til Dawn, Reservoir Dogs and Dr Strangelove. Now I'm kicking myself on two of the three...

------------------
Further Proof of my Obsesive-Compusive Disorder (http://www.crosswinds.net/~joltaddict/dvdcatalog.htm)

Jason25
12-28-2000, 02:58 AM
I've almost walked out of Media Play 3 times with Heathers but never bought it. I think I'll wait for the new release especially since Anchor Bay's site lists the upcoming release as being THX certified, not that the THX logo really means that much, but hey it can't hurt.

mutleyhyde
12-28-2000, 05:09 AM
So when does Heathers come out? Anybody know about Crimes of Passion coming back out? Maybe these'll find there way onto eBay (I think I'll be holding on to Dawn of the Dead though).

------------------

M. Hyde

Paff
12-28-2000, 05:48 AM
Well, the very rare (and expensive) Lumivision Laserdisc of Heathers has audio commentary from Michael Lehman. It would make sense for that to be on the new DVD. Unless Lumivision clenches their keisters the same way Criterion does when it comes to licensing out extras...

C.R
12-28-2000, 10:38 PM
Check out my DVD review bit on my site for a full review of the 2DVD set of Dawn of the DEad which has just been released in Europe. It contains the full widescreen version of Romero's director's cut and also Argento's directors cut too, as well as Document of the Dead and other extras. Hope this is of some use, no doubt it will pale when Anchor Bay get around to their proposed 3 DVD set.

------------------
[LINK REMOVED]

[Note: This message has been edited by Admin]

AceRimRat
12-29-2000, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by joltaddict:
Catch 22. I needed Dusk til Dawn, Reservoir Dogs and Dr Strangelove. Now I'm kicking myself on two of the three...

Which ones of these are OOP? Or am I misunderstanding?

joltaddict
12-29-2000, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by AceRimRat:
Which ones of these are OOP? Or am I misunderstanding?

I meant I needed them so bad I bought the barebones. Now Dusk til Dawn has an amazing SE and they just announced a deluxe super-dee-duper Dr Strangelove.

So the new editions get put all the way to the bottom of my wish list.

laserdogg
12-29-2000, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Paff:
Well, the very rare (and expensive) Lumivision Laserdisc of Heathers has audio commentary from Michael Lehman. It would make sense for that to be on the new DVD. Unless Lumivision clenches their keisters the same way Criterion does when it comes to licensing out extras...

A few other of the Lumivision Laserdisc SE's had commentary or a few extras. Did any of those extras make it to the DVD's? I think some or all of the commentary tracks may have been redone for the DVD's that have one.

The ones I have on hand:

Hellraiser - Commentary, Featurette, more

Hellbound: Hellraiser II - Commentary

Communion - Commentary, deleted scenes

Boy and His Dog - Commentary

I Come in Peace - Trailer

Crimes of Passion - Commentary

House - Trailer

Heathers - Commentary, Trailers, TV spots

Rock and Roll High Schooldon't remember

Dinosaurs! w/ Walter Cronkite

There were a few other interesting titles I missed in the great laser sales of a few years ago but I don't recall those at the moment.

------------------
ALL THOSE LASERS...ALL THOSE DVD'S (http://www.dvdtracker.com/~laserdogg.asp)