PDA

View Full Version : Ginger Snaps Back

Mok
09-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Well, I don't really write reviews, so I'll just tell you what I thought - without giving anything away. First off, I'd say part three is definately the best looking film of the three(waaaay bigger budget than part two) - from set design to film quality, every scene is picturesque and quite beautifull. This one takes place in the 1800's so I guess that allowed for more artistic creativity as far as sets/costumes go. However, the plot is fairly basic and as far as I could tell. There was no underlying theme behind the premise like in the previous two - it's just a horror film. Way more and better gore/wolves/Ginger than part 2, and about about on par with part 1 in that respect. Overall I would place it a close second behind part one only because part one had a clever theme worked into the plot.

Just wanted to add, if you liked the first one, definately check this one out - it's a lot of fun.

puddytay
09-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Really interesting...... I personally thought the movie looked EXTREMELY low budget. It looked like a poor tv movie. When I watch a film I want variety. This movie only involved snow scene, court yard, bedroom, dining room thats not much of a variety. I found this movie very slow and un original. I loved the first 2 but this 3rd one is a travesty to the series. Maybe it just needed more werewolfs or something.

BloodMan
09-23-2004, 05:55 AM
This movie was really alot of fun. Not as good as the first one. Close though. Some cool bits here and there. Nice special features too. :)

Katatonia
09-23-2004, 06:10 AM
I enjoyed it. Not quite as good as part 2, but I still plan on buying the DVD soon!

tobaccoman
09-25-2004, 04:04 AM
I picked up the first one on VHS and thought it was a good. I wouldn't go so far as saying it was excellent or outstanding and deffinitely not groundbreaking, but it was good/very good. Werewolves having their .
Ha! jk! I sold it though and I think I will at least rent the 2nd and 3rd. If I like them I might pick up some sort of set that might come up (if ever, I can hope). If not maybe when I havve the right budget to spend on them I will pick them up on DVD. The 1st one (the one I've seen) I probably will pick up anyways, but there are many more movies on my list that I need to get first.