PDA

View Full Version : Stepford Special

rhett
09-29-2004, 06:35 AM
Although it failed to recoup its lofty $90 million budget, The Stepford Wives remake was not quite the flop that everyone had anticipated. Despite reshoots (always a film's death knell) the film managed a respectable $60 million gross, and Paramount hopes interest will continue for DVD, where they will be releasing the film in a special edition this Fall. Streeting on November 9th, the DVD will see a bevy of features, including:

Separate anamorphic widescreen and pan & scan discs
Dolby Digital English and French 5.1
Commentary with director Frank Oz
“A Perfect World: The Making of The Stepford Wives" featurette
"Stepford: A Definition" featurette
“Stepford: The Architects" featurette
“The Stepford Wives” featurette
“The Stepford Husbands" featurette
6 deleted/extended scenes
Gag reel
Teaser and theatrical trailers

While the merits of the film may be debatable, this looks like it will be a meaty little disc.

betterdan
09-29-2004, 06:39 AM
I wouldn't buy this piece of shit even if they included a free roll of toilet paper from the movie set and I had just eaten at Taco Bell.

dayglo
09-29-2004, 06:41 AM
Arrow in the head's review says it all.

http://joblo.com/arrow/stepfordwives-2004.htm

Cyberdemon
09-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Went and saw this at the cinema with my wife and didn't think it was that bad...

Erick H.
09-29-2004, 07:49 AM
It looked to have been massively re-cut,and I don't think it holds together ,even in "silly comedy" terms.Not to be a spoiler,but if you look at many of the films' sequences and gags and then compare them to the ultimate payoff of the movie,I don't think it makes any sense.That wouldn't be so bad if it were really funny,but it's not really that amusing either.The idea of turning a creepy horror/sci-fi film(from the author of ROSEMARY'S BABY) into a kooky comedy is dangerous to begin with,but to then make it this tepid is really odd thinking.Just an opinion,I'm sure others may disagree ....

RyanPC
09-29-2004, 01:08 PM
This film SUCKED ASS. I wouldn't buy it if my life depended on it. Give me the brilliant original film any day.

Hellbilly
09-29-2004, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't buy this piece of shit even if they included a free roll of toilet paper from the movie set and I had just eaten at Taco Bell.:lol:
Quote of the day! :D
I might check out this remake since I'm Nicole Kidman's #1 stalker.

Lyle Horowitz
09-30-2004, 12:45 AM
She is fine as hell. I might just have to rent it.

Big Bobby D
09-30-2004, 04:27 AM
Yeah, the movie looks like it will suck, but, it does have Nicole Kidman and Faith Hill!

indiephantom
09-30-2004, 06:05 AM
I'm going to pick it up. Although I know it's not going to approach the original...and Faith Hill is a little fuckbunny hottie!

rhett
09-30-2004, 08:09 AM
What do you guys think about the Paramount logo on the side now? At this rate, they will have all the sides of the front artwork covered by next year. I wish they would just stick with one style...there is nothing worse in a DVD collection than mismatching covers!

Wermode
10-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Wow. What a waste of time and money: full of stupid, outdated stereotypes and crappy writing. The plight of the suffering, submissive housewife is an utterly irrelevant theme now, and has been for at least thirty years. Everyone I know, male or female, has to work to survive. Worse yet, it's not scary or funny. Save your money.

indiephantom
10-04-2004, 06:57 PM
What do you guys think about the Paramount logo on the side now? At this rate, they will have all the sides of the front artwork covered by next year. I wish they would just stick with one style...there is nothing worse in a DVD collection than mismatching covers!

I totall agree. It looks foolish because I sort my discs alphabetically by title and studio, so Paramount looks shittier now. When you think about it...it doesn't make any sense. :fucked: