PDA

View Full Version : Was Cat In The Brain released?

crank
08-22-2001, 01:45 AM
I got on Amazon.com today just out of curiosity, and they have Image's disc of A Cat In The Brain listed as shipps in 2-3 days. I was wondering if it actually came out, or if amazon is just stupid. Did anybody get their pre-orders?

crank

DefJeff
08-22-2001, 02:01 AM
Hey Crank,
i noticed this a day or two ago and emailed my dvd supplier .. he told me Amazon is just a buncha dumb assholes, and that this disc isnt coming out anytime soon.

Jeff

Jason25
08-22-2001, 03:23 AM
I'll second what DefJeff said. I think Amazon is wrong, very wrong.

Jeremy
08-22-2001, 04:05 AM
Amazon also listed Synapse's A BETTER PLACE and BEAST FROM HAUNTED CAVE as shipping in 2-3 days a good two months before each was released. As far as CAT IN THE BRAIN goes, word on the street is that Image pulled the title because of a legal problem with Grindhouse, who did the laserdisc.

crank
08-22-2001, 04:07 AM
Well, I suppose that answers my quoestion. Even if there stupid, I still just pre-ordered Suspiria, Opera, New Gladiators, and Aenigma. Can't live withem' can't live without em'

crank

gunner
08-30-2001, 06:53 PM
Cat in the Brain was released on LD by a company called Box Office Spectaculars.The label was only used for this release to my knowlege.Bob Murawski of Grindhouse releasing was behind Box Office Spectaculars but I don't think Sage Stallone was envolved,but I could be wrong.I think Image actually pressed the ld's (uncredited) for both Cat in the Brain,and Cannibal Ferox.When the Cat in the Brain dvd finially hits the light of day I fully expect it to be an Image pressing but with some of the LD extras and the Grindhouse or Box Office Spectaculars name attached.When the Cat/Brain release that was pulled was announced it was under the Euroshock line.