PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Resident Release

rhett
10-01-2004, 05:56 AM
A mere three months after its theatrical release, Resident Evil: Apocalypse will zombify the new year on DVD December 28th. Although nota huge hit with fans or critics, the film did manage to outgross its predecessor, which should indicate a strong future for long shelf life. Apocaly[pse will be given the deluxe two-disc treatment, and here is what to expect:

2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and full screen
Dolby Digital 5.1
Commentary with director Aexander Witt and producer Jeremy Bolt
Commentary with Milla Jovovich, Oded Fehr and Sienna Guillory
Commentary with writer Paul W.S. Anderson and producer Jeremy Bolt
20 Deleted scenes
Outtakes
"Game Over: The Making Of RE2" featurette
"Corporate Malfeasance" featurette
"Game Babes" featurette
"Symphony Of Evil" featurette
Poster gallery
Trailers

All this for a reasonable price of $28.96.

indiephantom
10-01-2004, 07:25 AM
it sucked so hard. I really wanted to like it, bloody film wouldn't let me. I'll just pretend this "sequel" didn't happen.

aoiookami
10-01-2004, 09:05 AM
actually the disc sounds very nice, even tho I didnt care for the movie at all, I think I'll be tempted to pick this up anyways.

Grim
10-01-2004, 09:34 PM
I was satisfied with the film, but I didn't like it enough to buy the DVD. Give me an extended version with character develpoment(which was non-existent here) and I'll fork up the cash.

thrashard76
10-02-2004, 06:18 AM
I missed this in the theaters but I'm up for this on DVD. The first one wasn't great but I expect this one couldn't be much worse.

Morg
10-03-2004, 05:45 AM
Haven't seen this yet, but I'll probably purchase the disk.

fceurich39
10-03-2004, 07:07 PM
I missed this in the theaters but I'm up for this on DVD. The first one wasn't great but I expect this one couldn't be much worse.
same here

Evil_Chris
10-04-2004, 09:39 PM
what a piece of crap this film was!! not only did it ruin zombie movies but it ruined the resident evil name!! Nemesis is not supposed to turn good in the end !! What the hell was that all about !! and there was no gore !! It was just pure crap !! I would rather pick each one of my pubes out one by one then watch this again. well not literally, im only trying to emphasize my point.

Mok
10-04-2004, 10:06 PM
what a piece of crap this film was!! not only did it ruin zombie movies but it ruined the resident evil name!! Nemesis is not supposed to turn good in the end !! What the hell was that all about !! and there was no gore !! It was just pure crap !! I would rather pick each one of my pubes out one by one then watch this again. well not literally, im only trying to emphasize my point.

This is how you post spoilers see? Thanks for ruining the ending, dink.

joltaddict
10-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Fucking stupid newbie.
SPOILER TAGS ASSHAT!

Deaddevilman
10-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I enjoyed it. Not a great movie... it's not much of a zombie movie but I did think it was an OK action film. They could have made a better movie with a better ending, but so could 95% of the other zombie movies out there. I'll be picking this one up.

Rocker10
10-05-2004, 04:35 AM
Yeah, that was nice.

BoredSeal
10-05-2004, 06:09 PM
This movie was probably better written than it was directed - I really hate that modern camera tricks and cuts, it looks like some kind advertisements and you see shit happening. Director is idiot. I think budget was not used good enough, RE1 was much better. Shame :(

Rotting Corpse
10-05-2004, 06:42 PM
I left an hour hour into the movie...couldn't keep my interest.

I'd pass on this one.

frateb
10-11-2004, 12:40 AM
decent flick, more action that zombie... why the quick release?...

moogong
10-11-2004, 02:10 AM
I enjoyed it enough to pick this up. Too bad it comes our AFTER Christmas.

micrococcus
10-11-2004, 03:01 AM
Resident Evil: Apocalypse is one of the worst horror-action movies I've seen so far in my life mainly due to Alexander Witt's directing job! (3/10 stars)

Skull Hunter
10-11-2004, 09:01 PM
I thought the first one was gonna suck but I enjoyed it somewhat as I had no expectations going in. It was far more entertaining than spending 2 hours looking around for red and blue jewels to put into empty slots and finding a coin to put into the fountain. At least the movie seemed to make more sense plot wise than alot of those games that have you doing quests that have nothing to do with anything. I missed RE2 in the theatres but I'm looking forward to checking it out on DVD.

thedarkbackward
10-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Good Lord...this movie broke my Being Entertained Gland. I was unable to be inspired, elevated or entertained by any art for a two week period after seeing this celluloid abortion.

This movie tasted like burning, and I wish pestilence and jock itch on the fool who greenlighted it.

allmessedup
10-12-2004, 05:28 PM
I didn't like the first one much--this one was better, but still not enough for me to want to buy it. I thought this one was much better as far as zombie action. In the first one the zombies seemed more like extras.

These movies are always going to be more about action than horror due to their videogame roots, so none of them are ever going to be that great due to the paper-thin storylines. I certainly didn't mind paying matinee prices to see it, but I don't think I'd wanna see it again or own it. I might rent it if they release an unrated version with extra gore scenes--but I'll definitely need more details on what scenes were deleted before I even think about doing that.