PDA

View Full Version : New Anchor Announcements

rhett
10-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Over at a live chat on the Horror Channel (http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=185) yesterday, Anchor Bay confirmed that they would be releasing a number of recent acquisitions on DVD sometime in the next year. Here are some of the titles that Anchor Bay rep Michael Felsher confirmed the company would be releasing:

Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore)
Freaked
Race with the Devil
Quicksilver Highway
Bad Dreams
Damnation Alley
The Entity
Trauma
Season of the Witch
Class of 1984

While Witch, Trauma and 1984 have been announced for awhile, there are several surprises, like the Fox owned Cemetery Man, that are finally getting released on DVD. A year ago there were rumors that Anchor Bay would be bowing out of the horror DVD business, but these titles indicate that Anchor Bay will be around for a long, long time.

indiephantom
10-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Bad Dreams, The Entity, aaaannnndddd Cemetery Man. There is a freakin' God and he loves horror films. :banana:

Samhain32481
10-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know if Anchorbay's release of George Romero's SEASON OF THE WITH will still include Romero's 2nd film "THERE'S ALWAYS VANILLA"?

Tawny
10-01-2004, 04:06 PM
:banana: Yeah!! AB is going to release Bad Dreams. That's wonderful. :)

SilentScreams
10-01-2004, 04:07 PM
I have been waiting for Fox to get off their ass and release several of these titles but I'm very pleased that Anchor Bay will be releasing them instead. I'll be getting just about all of those listed.

horror addict
10-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Kick ass! :banana:

Most of the titles listed are movies I've always heard good things about, but for whatever reason I haven't been able to find them in my area to buy or rent. :bs:

I have seen Quicksilver Highway and am happy it's coming to dvd, and am greatly looking forward to finally watching Cemetery Man, The Entity, Bad Dreams, and Season Of The Witch.

The day Anchor Bay quits the horror dvd business will be the darkest of day of horror dvds the world has ever known.

WesReviews
10-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Count me in for Visiting Hours, Bad Dreams, and The Entity. :)

krugerkid13
10-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know if Anchorbay's release of George Romero's SEASON OF THE WITH will still include Romero's 2nd film "THERE'S ALWAYS VANILLA"?

I highly doubt it Romero has said before that this film embarrases him. So i doubt he'll allow it. One can only hope though

RyanPC
10-01-2004, 08:40 PM
I highly doubt it Romero has said before that this film embarrases him. So i doubt he'll allow it. One can only hope though

I doubt that Romero has any say in the matter... and besides, on AB's website they write that There's Always Vanilla will be included as a bonus.

Grim
10-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Great to see Cemetery Man, Freaked, and Class of 1984 are going to be getting a good release from AB. I haven't seen Trauma or Season of the Witch yet, so I'm also pleased about that.

Andrew
10-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Nice to see DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE is confirmed; all they'd need to do is subtitle the extras (especially the commentary) from the Medusa disc and copy them over to make me happy, although I'm there would be licensing problems with that. Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

SaviniFan
10-01-2004, 11:36 PM
It may not have been announced on the Horror Channel, but another excellent title that AB will be releasing is the kick-ass Wings Hauser flick Vice Squad. AB announced that title at the Maryland Horrorfind Weekend. I know I'm definitely looking forward to that one too.

Skull Hunter
10-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Nice to see Trauma finally coming to DVD. It's the only Argento movie I can stand. Romero's Season of the Witch is a terrible movie and they could include Vanilla and even throw in The Crazies for free and it still wouldn't be worth it. The effort they put into Season of the Witch should have gone to correcting the audio flub on Day of the Dead and rerelease that.

Evil Dead Guy
10-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Damnation Alley , Race With The Devil , oh yes :banana:

ScreamerClauz
10-02-2004, 01:14 AM
I'm looking forward to Freaked!

mcchrist
10-02-2004, 01:36 AM
Freaked! About fucking time.

Lyle Horowitz
10-02-2004, 04:16 AM
Oooh. Quicksilver Highway was a fun little TV movie with Christopher Lloyd. It's an anthology, I remember enjoying a lot when I was younger.

thrashard76
10-02-2004, 07:16 AM
I'm up for Cemetery Man and Season of the Witch but the others I don't know much about.

evileye
10-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Actually, I'm kinda excited VISITING HOURS was mentioned as coming up.

Samhain32481
10-02-2004, 03:34 PM
I've seen Season of the Witch and There's Always Vanilla, they're not bad movies at all. You know what's really bad that everyone says is good, but really isn't? LOST IN TRANSLATION. I know it's not a horror movie but it was deffenetly HORRORble...no wait, it's horrible!

evildeadfan123
10-03-2004, 12:59 AM
I had Cemetary Man from Fox on VHS, which I purchased at CD Warehouse where I live for $2.99, and sold it on eBay for $25.00, about 9 months ago, hoping that it would come out on DVD. THANKS ANCHOR BAY. I will be buying Cemetary Man, The Entity, and Bad Dreams when they come out.

Morg
10-03-2004, 05:22 AM
I'm looking forward to most of these, especially Cemetary Man, Season of the Witch, Trauma, and Race with the Devil. I remember of Bad Dreams, and probably saw it, I just don't remember much about it, so I'm looking forward to that. Same goes with Quicksilver Highway. I remember Christopher Lloyd, that it's an anthology, not much else. The Entity is another good one, which I look forward to seeing again, hoping it's even better than I remember it. Freaked and Damnation Ally sound very familiar, so being a horror fan I'm intrigued by these as well. Cemetary Man takes the cake, though!

Rocker10
10-05-2004, 05:31 AM
Damnation Alley and Bad Dreams for me. Damnation Alley is definitely cheesey but ya gotta love it!

Herbert_West
10-07-2004, 07:09 AM
FREAKED!!
Let the legacy of Alex Winter be preserved on DVD!

Guyver99
10-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Cemetary man is one of the best movies ever made...in any genre. It's been a long time coming. :banana:

thedarkbackward
10-12-2004, 02:06 AM
HUGE fan of BAD DREAMS - always impressed me as the poorer, better made cousin of DREAM WARRIORS. Had quite the pubescent crush on Jennifer Rubin.

Finally getting CEMETARY MAN. Rawk on.

BoredSeal
11-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah, Trauma! I hope they will make some good 30+ min featurette with Dario again :)