PDA

View Full Version : Lasers that are still on your want list

Dave
10-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Lets get things kicking in here again before the cob webs start to build. What are some of the lasers that you still hope to add to your collection?

I'd like to get all of the Full Moon discs. I probably have a dozen+ now.

Besides that I'd like to get some Japanese imports - Darkside and Crypt eps, along with any of the final LD releases in Japan (Xmen, Sixth Sense, Lake Placid, etc.).

Finally, there are several with beautiful cover art that I'd like to get and frame, such as Starship Troopers (Japan) and Halloween (Japan).

wago70
10-01-2004, 10:40 PM
I still really want THE FRIGHTENERS Special Edition. I would like a Gamera 3 import to complete the series as well. The last would be: LAST MAN ON EARTH/PANIC IN THE YEAR ZERO.

Paff
10-01-2004, 10:44 PM
I still buy 'em here and there.

I'm with you on buying the "collections". I still want to get more Elite lasers, in particular, fill out their Hammer Collection. I think I only need The Witches and the Quatermass movie they have.

Been buying a lot of Hong Kong discs. I love the ones from Tai Seng, I'd love to have all the lasers they put out. I also like the discs with the dual subtitles (English and Chinese), as it reminds me of the days when I first started watching HK flicks.

Hmmm....always on the lookout for more DTS

I've actually watched quite a few lasers recently, as I realized I had inadvertently turned off the Video Noise Reduction on my 704, and when I put it back on, damn! Practically DVD (non anamorphic) quality. And the sound STILL kicks ass

ekent
10-01-2004, 11:31 PM
I still want Dawn of the Dead Perfect Collection and I wouldn't mind picking up the Martin laserdisc for shits and giggles.

Hellbilly
10-02-2004, 04:38 AM
The Sender. I wanted that film on LD ever since I bought my first LD player in the early 90's.

X-human
10-02-2004, 08:21 AM
The Wizard of Speed and Time has been a white whale of mine for some time now.

bigdaddyhorse
10-02-2004, 06:49 PM
I haven't looked for any lasers lately and have been neglecting my player, just too many good new dvds I'm behind on watching.
I might be interested in the Dawn of the Dead boxset, but not as much now that the dvd set is in my possession.
I'm gonna fire something up on laser tonight just to keep the player from drying up.

Agent Z
10-03-2004, 08:26 AM
The Sender. I wanted that film on LD ever since I bought my first LD player in the early 90's.

*coughs*

You know where to get it. :)

I still play my lasers, but I haven't had the time lately to really look around for those oh-so-elusive titles that I would like to get for my collections.

Like...

The Castle of Cagliostro ( Japanese laser with storyboards )

and

The Cowboy Bebop laserdiscs (just to have them)

and

Tomorrow Never Dies (DTS, of course)

and

Many, many Elite titles.........

Werner Von Wallenrod
10-07-2004, 01:59 AM
Monster In a Box
Lunatics: A Love Story
Valentine (the series - Jap. disc)

chrishicks
10-13-2004, 01:07 AM
the Full Moon discs to complete my collection
The Frighteners SE

I haven't bought an LD since I picked up my copy of the Evil Dead 2 Blood Red Ed. that was quite awhile back.

Sam
10-22-2004, 06:05 AM
Box sets
DTS titles
Signature Collection titles
Criterion titles
Full Moon titles
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (Elite)
Nightmare on Elm Street CE (Elite?)
80s Slasher films

etc..