PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead (DC)

Mok
10-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Like I mentioned in a previous thread, I don't really write reviews(I'll leave that to the experts ;) ) but I managed to get a hold of a copy of the Director's cut of the Dawn of the Dead remake so I thought I'd share.
I don't want to waist your time so if you're wondering what the differences are, here goes:

1. Yes, you get to see the main characters actually breaking into the mall. The scene was cut because of a quite shocking zombie with a missing arm that comes chasing after them.

2. There are a few short character development scenes that were cut out mainly due to time reasons I assume. A couple of these scenes could have been left in, but there are a couple that also aren't necessary.

3. There was another scene with CJ doing the propane explosive act off the top of Andy's gun store, he then runs through the store and out into the street where the rest of the gang are already trying to get back into the sewer. Cool scene that definately should have stayed.

4. Other than that, it's pretty much the same. I'm not sure if it is because I saw it in the theartre, but some scenes seem to be different. For example, I don't remember seeing Ana holding a gun to the zombie baby's head. Little things like that where they might have cut things sooner to give it less impact.

So that's it, if I missed anything then you'll be pleasantly surprised because over all I enjoyed this much more on DVD than I did in the theatre. Then again, that's always the case for me.

Hellbilly
10-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Whoa!

"1" was never shown in theaters? That's one of my favorite scenes in the film! I almost spilled my coke when I first watched it. Good sequence.
I've watched my R2 Director's Cut DVD 4 times already. Gotta admit I enjoy this film more with each viewing.

Mok
10-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Whoa!

"1" was never shown in theaters? That's one of my favorite scenes in the film! I almost spilled my coke when I first watched it. Good sequence.
I've watched my R2 Director's Cut DVD 4 times already. Gotta admit I enjoy this film more with each viewing.

Yeah, the theatrical version sort of jumped to the toilet-through-the-window part.

Nemesis
10-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Whoa!

hahaha

i was like "haha billy didnt realise #1 wasn't in theatres..." then while i was all laughing at you, i realised "holy shit, #3 wasn't in the theatres either?!?!" so i guess the jokes on me :lol:

a movie i've come to appreciate more now that ive seen it several times too

Silent Noize
10-05-2004, 11:57 PM
I saw this film at the theater three times. I can't wait to see the Unrated cut.

Mok
10-06-2004, 04:47 PM
hahaha

i was like "haha billy didnt realise #1 wasn't in theatres..." then while i was all laughing at you, i realised "holy shit, #3 wasn't in the theatres either?!?!" so i guess the jokes on me :lol:

a movie i've come to appreciate more now that ive seen it several times too

Wait, was #3 in theatres? I didn't remember it, but I could be wrong.

Hellbilly
10-06-2004, 05:10 PM
hahaha

a movie i've come to appreciate more now that ive seen it several times tooUnlike you I've never seen the theatrical cut before.
Hence my surprise about "1" :) It's a damn good scene and should have been in the theatrical cut!