PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "2"...this poll is 2 much!

indiephantom
08-23-2001, 04:31 AM
I'm looking for the favorite first sequel from everyone of the list provided. I've eliminated titles that don't contain the number 2, and also some I thought would be 2 obvious winners (Evil Dead 2, Halloween 2, Return of the Living Dead Part 2)

There's only room for 20, so I had to leave the following off the official poll list. If you want to vote for any, just post a reply with the title, and I'll tally those up at the end.

OTHER CHOICES:
Damien: Omen 2
Slumber Party Massacre 2
Tremors 2: Aftershocks
House 2: The Second Story
Ghoulies 2
Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2
Trilogy of Terror 2
Scary Movie 2
The Fly 2
976-Evil 2: The Astral Factor
Scanners 2: The New Order
The Howling 2
Gremlins 2: The New Batch
Nekromantik 2
Species 2
Stripped to Kill 2
Mimic 2
Poison Ivy 2: Lily
Critters 2: The Main Course
Carnosaur 2
Femalien 2
Boogeyman 2
The Hidden 2
Children of the Corn 2: The Final Sacrifice
Sleepaway Camp 2
Amityville 2: The Possession
The Gate 2: Trespassers
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer Part 2
Leprechaun 2
The Dentist 2
Stepfather 2
The Rage: Carrie 2
Witchboard 2

If somehow you don't see your fave, please post it in a reply. (I know I missed something!) I wanted a BIG POLL because I LOVE polls, but I know some people are annoyed by them. I tried to provide one without a really "obvious" outcome and hope we'll see some diversity.

Cheers,
Indie

Andrew
08-23-2001, 05:54 AM
Book of Shadows was quite a surprise to me. I was one of few people who loved the original and sequel almost equally. The first is better, but this one is totally different and mind-bending, which is quite a reach for a sequel (in the '90's no less).

indiephantom
08-23-2001, 06:55 AM
Andrew, I really like the sequel too. It's very original and looks at things from another perspective. I thought Berlinger was an amazing choice for the director. I wish he had had more time to develop it. The only thing is the whole project felt rushed by Artisan. By the way, do you know how to access the trailer on the DVD. I seem to recall seeing it somewhere before, but I wanted to watch it the other day and couldn't find it anywhere. Trailers should not be Easter eggs unless they are for seperate films IMO>

Hellbilly
08-24-2001, 05:31 AM
another tough one ... but i picked FRIGHT NIGHT 2 cuz its totally underrated and just as good as the first one.

Mark Relford
08-24-2001, 09:18 AM
It was a tough choice between Hellbound: Hellraiser II, Phantasm II, and TCM 2. I ended up voting for Hellbound. IMO, it's an excellent sequel that holds up on its own.

AceRimRat
08-24-2001, 10:31 PM
I picked Phantasm 2 by a hair over Hellbound. I just like the cheese factor in P2 - and unlike the sequels, it avoids being too over-the-top.

Am I the only one who thinks James LeGros' acting is better than Mike Baldwin's, and that helps the sequel?

Hellbound and F13 Part 2 are also top-notch sequels that capture the feeling and quality of the originals. I would've voted for Halloween 2 if that had been included, I think.

Damn you, Universal!

indiephantom
08-25-2001, 01:00 AM
I voted for TCM 2, just ahead of Friday the 13th 2, Psycho 2, and Hellbound.

I think it's a beautiful-looking film and has some really awesome scenes. It's far from perfect and will never touch the original, but I love watching it on DVD.

Here are two others I forgot for the "rest-of" list.

Piranha 2: The Spawning
The Birds 2: Land's End

Ha ha. I doubt anyone would pick the latter, but there it is. WTG Allan Smithee!!

Erg0n
08-25-2001, 08:21 AM
Sadly. I'm the only one who voted for creep show 2

I almost went for Poison Ivy 2, because you know....

hehehehehehehhehehe

maskull
08-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Friday the 13th 2.

Honorable mention goes to Slumber Party Massacre 2, Gremlins 2, Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2, and Jaws 2.

fceurich39
08-04-2008, 05:19 PM
friday the 13th part 2 for me also followed very closely nightmare on elm street 2 and fright night part 2

ReelFear
08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
HALLOWEEN II. Love this sequel!

DVD-fanatic-9
08-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Gremlins 2: The New Batch.

Second place would be a 3-way tie between: Psycho II, Sorority House Massacre II, and A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge.

Runners up would be: Demons 2, Leprechaun 2, Ghoulies 2, Halloween II, Critters 2: The Main Course, 976-Evil 2: The Astral Factor, Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2, and Scanners 2: The New Order.

indiephantom
08-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Jesus. :nervous: This poll was created just a couple weeks before 9/11.

rhett
08-17-2008, 05:24 AM
I love seeing these old suckers resurrected...NOW WHERE'S TROLL 2?!

Workshed
08-17-2008, 05:51 AM
Jesus. :nervous: This poll was created just a couple weeks before 9/11.

Coincidence?

I went with Child's Play 2, only because I have Chucky on the brain at the moment.

Erick H.
08-17-2008, 10:19 AM
PSYCHO 2,it's way better than it has any right to be.

DVD-fanatic-9
08-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Agreed!

I love seeing these old suckers resurrected...NOW WHERE'S TROLL 2?!
Forgot all about that masterpiece!
And drat, there's no Other option. Thwarted again!

satans-sadists
08-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Long since closed, but I would have voted for Texas Chain Saw Massacre 2. Biggest selling point for me? Dennis Hopper turned vigilante versus The Sawyer Family. Can't think of any other film with a dueling chain saw scene? :lol: