PDA

View Full Version : Best Catfight or Female Face-off in a Horror Film

swr2777
08-23-2001, 04:40 AM
Hey, what do you all think ranks as the best catfight or female face-off in a horror (or related genre) film? Feel free to add any other suggestions that aren't on this list.

indiephantom
08-23-2001, 06:14 AM
It's not horror, but I love the catfight between Charlize Theron and I can't believe I forget her name, you know that chick who was on Lois & Clark...her name escapes me right now.

I went for the rabid scene because M.C. was hot and that was a great scene. Thanks Cronenberg.

swr2777
08-23-2001, 06:17 AM
Hell, yeah! I can hang with some Marilyn Chambers, and that WAS a good little showdown in the hottub there...

Which Charlize Theron flick are you referring to? My memory's failing me right now. Either way, it sounds good to me!

indiephantom
08-23-2001, 01:36 PM
Oops...it was 2 Days in the Valley, and the other chick was Teri Hatcher. They're both fighting in a motel room with tight clothes which totally rocks!

swr2777
08-23-2001, 01:46 PM
Ah, okay. I haven't seen that one in a while, but the scene sounds vaguely familiar. Now I've got reason to check it out again!

...thanks for the tip!

Erg0n
08-23-2001, 08:31 PM
Morgan Fairchild and assorted sorority girls in THE INITIATION OF SARAH!

hahahah
yeah, i remeber this scene.

and the 2 Days in the Valley was also a good fight!
teri hatcher is a total babe!

swr2777
08-23-2001, 09:00 PM
Right on! I just love that bit in INITIATION OF SARAH where Morgan is being a wench (When wasn't she?), and Kay Lenz telekinetically throws her butt into the water!

AceRimRat
08-23-2001, 09:25 PM
I voted for Phenomena, though I haven't seen several of the others, I must confess.

That whole battle at the end with the maggots and stuff just makes my stomach churn. Cool! :p

swr2777
08-23-2001, 10:44 PM
Good choice on Jennifer Connelly vs. Daria Nicolodi in PHENOMENA! That's an irresistibly nasty passage you mentioned from the film. Gotta love that messy maggot slime and severed limbs therein!

And of course, can't get enough of all that bitchery between the two actresses in the last half-hour of the film. "What were you doing? WHAT WERE YOU DOING?!?!?!?!?"

indiephantom
08-23-2001, 11:20 PM
Another great one occurs in FREEWAY in the girl's prison (where so many great catfights have occured on and offscreen). It's between Reese and this really hot "Chula" chick. Great stuff.

swr2777
08-24-2001, 12:29 AM
Excellent! I haven't seen all of that film myself, but there's nothing like a good women's prison brawl!

Thanks for the info!

Mark Relford
08-24-2001, 08:41 AM
Another vote for Hellbound. Claire Higgins made a terrific bitch! Her character would risk everything to be with Frank. Her exchanges with Ashley Laurence's character are highly memorable. Evil stepmother, indeed.

swr2777
08-24-2001, 02:24 PM
Very well said! Can't get enough of that moment in HELLBOUND when Claire Higgins pulls that bitchy "Take your best shot!" moment before slapping Ashley Laurence across the room.

A shame that the lovely Ms. Laurence had to get slapped in that scene, but not to worry since she certainly asserts herself in other moments from the series. Remember that bit during the climax of HELLRAISER where she's trying to put the box back together and dispatch the Cenobites, but her boyfriend tries to grab the box, and she swats at him firmly and screams, "DON'T!!!!!!"

Hellbilly
08-24-2001, 10:35 PM
I went for Adrienne King and Betsy Palmer, classic Female Face-Off.

swr2777
08-24-2001, 10:44 PM
True dat! Adrienne vs. Betsy is definitely a classic! How could one resist all that biting, hair-pulling, tussling in the mud, etc.? The shrill Harry Manfredini score really heightens all the screaming and fighting, too.

Good stuff!

swr2777
08-29-2001, 01:05 PM
Wow! It looks like Jennifer Connelly is definitely the odds-on favorite both here and in other polls. Schweet!

rhett
08-29-2001, 09:21 PM
A lot of great fights there, but I chose Friday the 13th simply because it stands out the most when I compare it to the rest of them. But I must confess, it was very tough not voting for the lovely Ms. Connelly! :)

swr2777
08-29-2001, 09:31 PM
I hear ya there! It's hard not to give into that nasty showdown between Betsy and Adrienne. Not only a classic slasher film in question, but those ladies go at it so well in that last half hour that they could show up any catfightin' Jerry Springer hoochie hands down!

Like you were saying though, the raven-hared beautiful Ms. Connelly can also strut her stuff. Whether out-bitching the former Mrs. Argento in PHENOMENA, fighting for women's rights in HIGHER LEARNING, or chewing out Jared Leto in REQUIEM FOR A DREAM, I wouldn't want to make her mad. :D

Erg0n
08-30-2001, 04:59 AM
damn there's still only 1 vote for "Morgan Fairchild and assorted sorority girls in THE INITIATION OF SARAH"
Noooooo!

Gotta see the other movies on this poll.

swr2777
08-30-2001, 05:45 AM
I hear you loud and clear, 'yo. It's so hard to choose between all of these awesome moments, and the fabulous ladies therein. They're all da bomb!

I know what you mean, though. That tension between Morgan and the cast of INITIATION OF SARAH is great! Too bad that's not a more widely known film, even with its marvelous cast of stars to be.

I, too, was the only one so far who voted on my first choice... :(

But at least they all deserve to be ranked with one another. :)