PDA

View Full Version : another OPERA question

curry eater
08-23-2001, 08:18 AM
after putting up with the videos for years its great news on the dvd..my question is that i have the original italian release (on tape)and at the end of the film theres an extended scene which isnt in the english lang print..its where betty is kneeling in the grass/flowers and spots a lizard..she carrys on talking during this scene as well.its a nice scene.anyone have any ideas if this will make the anchor bay cut???..
thanks

Werner Von Wallenrod
08-23-2001, 11:33 AM
i'm fairly certain that's in the english language vhs... i haven't watched my tape in an awful long time (holding out for the dvd), but that sounds durn familiar to me, and i've never seen any other version of the flick.

The Chaostar
08-23-2001, 12:30 PM
.The italian version is known to have a voice over by Argento himself, telling us about the nature of the universe and other weird stuff.
That scene mentioned is not in the english print. The scene where Betty rescues the lizard is pretty extensive in the italian print but it was cut from all english ones. I really hope Anchor Bay kept it.

Diamondhead
08-23-2001, 04:41 PM
The lizard bit is in the english version I taped off the Movie Channel broadcast about ten years ago. There is a woman's voiceover carrying on about the nature of the universe running over the scene.

curry eater
08-23-2001, 06:02 PM
so it seems its def in at least one of the english prints..well fingers crossed then for the anchor bay one.

The Chaostar
08-23-2001, 07:24 PM
Oh, it must be the ORION version only then.....

Great news!

Werner Von Wallenrod
08-24-2001, 12:54 AM
Don't you make me go watch the video to confirm that the scene's in there while I'm holding out for the DVD...! ;)

The Chaostar
08-24-2001, 05:32 PM
u talkin to me?

curry eater
08-25-2001, 09:04 AM
i posted my original question on another forum and received this reply
"Like yourself i too own the Italian video & wrote to Anchor Bay.
They replied that the version they are putting out will contain the full 105min print which contains the orginal 'love nature' ending. "

it looks like we can put the old vids away:D