PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead 156 min cut?

Dave
02-04-2001, 08:13 PM
Received this from a reader in Germany. Anyone know if a 156 min cut of Dawn does indeed exists? He claims it's already out on DVD over in Germany.

Hello,

I'm a Horrorfilm fan from Germany and have just readyou Review to the dutch duble DVD Version of Rmoneros Dawn of the Dead. And I have a fact, that might interest you or you want to add.
In the introduction you have said that there will be an ultimate cut of alll three version of Dawn of the Dead and that will be something new, exciting and will be released in 2002. But in fact, there excists a comlpete Dawn of the Dead Version wich has got a running time of over 156min! and this Version excists in Germany and is distributed from a company named ASTRO Filmworks (You have reviewed Dellamorte Dellamore wich comes from Laser Paradies wich is the same as ASTRO). Its very well done, looks great, comes in a Special Edition 2DVD Box and has a superb clear soundtrack! The only pitty in this Version is, so I think, there is only a German Audio track, but I'm not quite sure.
And in the next year this same company will release a Killer Box with all three DEAD Movies and a ton of extra stuff and of course more Audio tracks and including the 156cut.
So, I thought that would interest you...

See ya...!

K'
02-04-2001, 09:35 PM
Yeah itīs from Laser Paradise the guys that make the Blood- and Red Editions.
Iīt has only one german language audio track, and the picture quality is not perfect. But overall it is enjoyable...

Here is there a Link to there HP
Laser Paradise Dawn of the dead Box (http://www.laser-paradise.com/DVD-Filme/kandace955/Red-edition/Zombie_Dawn_of_the_Dead_Box_Se/zombie_dawn_of_the_dead_box_se.html)

Squiggy
02-04-2001, 09:43 PM
Yes, such a version exists. It was released under the title "Zombie, Dawn of the Dead" - but is not to be confused with the shorter Argento version.

Although it runs 156 minutes, it is supposedly an unauthorized composite of all the various releases. I have never heard any confirmation that any truly new and previously unseen footage is in it. It's also in German only (no English track or subs).

I have not found any German retailers selling this, but you can get a VHS bootleg from Video Mayhem:

http://www.fm3d.com/videomayhem/catz.htm

For the record, the longest official version is the 139 minute print (which is also available on a Japanese disc).

napalm68
02-04-2001, 09:44 PM
156 min PAL = 162 min at 24 fps... Gee, too bad it is German Audio only.

K'
02-04-2001, 09:47 PM
The only shop i know selling this online is http://www.medien-thueringer.de/.
They only have a german webpage, but you can try to mail them maybe there is way you US or whatever guys could order that.

Therer are no new Scenes in this version, it only has every scene from the Argento and Romero versions.

Squiggy
02-04-2001, 10:13 PM
Thanks K'. Guess I should have thought to actually try clicking on the "Handler" link at the LP home page... :)

napalm68 - The NTSC VHS bootleg only runs 156 minutes, so it's not actually longer than that. Don't ask me how this is the case though...

Personally, I have no interest without new scenes. If it were in English I might reconsider though.

napalm68
02-05-2001, 12:12 AM
K' - how do you actually get access to this site - when I click on the link to their splatter dvds I get some username and password popup. ???

Squiggy
02-05-2001, 01:52 AM
According to their site, you must mail or fax an "identity card" (along with your e-mail address) to get a password. I guess that means any ID showing you are 18 or older. How annoying.

Maybe if you just e-mail them they will give you one.

K'
02-05-2001, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Squiggy:
According to their site, you must mail or fax an "identity card" (along with your e-mail address) to get a password. I guess that means any ID showing you are 18 or older. How annoying.

Maybe if you just e-mail them they will give you one.

Thatīs right you have to mail a scan of your id card. Laws about movies that are 18 only or not rated are awful strict here in germany.

Or you could try this

:D (http://www.medien-thueringer.de/FSK18/)