PDA

View Full Version : Argento 2-packs

dcrw6
08-27-2001, 10:29 AM
I was just wondering if anyone had seen the Dario Argento two-packs that anchor bay put a few months ago in an actual B&M store.I've been looking for awhile now, especially interested in the one with Phenomena.

Andrew
08-27-2001, 07:18 PM
I have all three: Deep Red/Tenebre, Phenomena/Inferno, and Demons/Demons 2. Unfortunately I had to send my DVD player to JVC for repairs, so I won't know how they are 'till I get it back.

You can get them for $24 each at deepdiscountdvd.com.

Tremendo
08-28-2001, 03:05 AM
I picked the 1st one up...but alas Phenomena will STILL not play in my Toshiba. Works at a friends though, so I got to see the uncomfortable interview included :)

keith70
08-28-2001, 06:58 AM
I bought them online. I couldn't find them in any store. I don't understand why they put the Demon movies in a pack. I read online somewhere that the collection pack #4 would include The Church, but it didn't say what the other film would be. With Suspiria and Opera coming out, it might be one of those. I'm hoping it will be Trauma, since I can't find this on dvd anywhere.
However, it might end up being one of the documentaries on Argento. Either way, it will be a must have. :)

MovieFan
08-29-2001, 03:44 AM
The three Dario Argento two-packs are LEs with each being limited to 5,000 copies. The only way you might find them are by getting it online. If you can't find them, then you'd have to buy each film separately.

Zombie Keeper
08-29-2001, 03:50 AM
Seen'em at borders books...

keith70
08-29-2001, 05:36 AM
The cool thing about the Deep Red disc is that if you don't select anything on the main menu, it will play the entire theme. Most discs start over after about 30 seconds. I didn't time it, but I think it was about 3 minutes. Pretty cool. Also on the extras page, I believe the song played is in its entirety also.
The Phenomena main menu sounds cool if you have a surround sound setup. Those flies zig zag thru each of the speakers.

Erg0n
08-31-2001, 07:50 AM
Damn, my store's lucky then

they got all 3 volumes

But it's quite pricy

If I get Only one. Which would it be?

Andrew
08-31-2001, 07:56 AM
Deep Red/Tenebre are the 2 best IMO.

Erg0n
09-01-2001, 06:10 AM
Thanks AndrewBBD,

What are your personal opinions on the other DVDs?

Andrew
09-01-2001, 07:01 AM
Actually I haven't seen any of the discs, as my player is currently under repairs :mad:. I've seen all the movies except for Inferno, and out of these 6, Tenebre and Deep Red are my favorites.

vroberts
09-05-2001, 02:19 AM
I saw the Phenomena/Inferno set at Borders the other day. Actually, it's been there for quite a while now. It sells for about $27.99. I might pick it up next time I'm there, but I have all the others except those 2 in single releases.

Erg0n
09-05-2001, 09:04 AM
is there much of a doiff between the 2packs and the single releases?

mutleyhyde
09-05-2001, 11:08 AM
Nope. They are just the old dvds, keepcases and all, repakaged together in a for-retail cardboard slip-box type thing-a-ma-jig.

For the record, I only need Inferno. Guess I'll be picking this up and selling Phenomena on ePay. Damn, what I go through for a bargain. :(

Andrew
09-06-2001, 01:52 AM
Hyde's wrong :p . I actually wish it was like that, but it's a 2-disc set thing-a-magic, like Big Trouble in Little China and everything else.

mutleyhyde
09-06-2001, 04:27 AM
Whoah Andy... are you saying it's in a double Amaray?? If so, I stand corrected. Still, I'm gonna kick your butt for daring to say I was wrong! :p

Andrew
09-07-2001, 12:04 AM
Wait, I thought Amaray was the two discs in a case the size of one. With one on a little hinge thing. Like The Mummy UE, Scars of Dracula LE, House Le, etc.

I'm talking about the one that has like two seperate keepcases stuck together. Carnival of Souls, Big Trouble, other stuff too.

Am I making sense?

hyde, you're wrong. :p :D ;) .

keith70
09-07-2001, 07:31 AM
Actualy mine are in different cases. The Inferno/Phenomena discs are in a regular sized dvd case with a flap containing the second disc like From Dusk Till Dawn CE.

The Deep Red /Tenebrae set are in double sized case like the Army of Darkness LCE. Am I the only one that ended up getting two different sized cases? I didn't get the Demon 1/2 set.

Tremendo
09-07-2001, 09:27 AM
They're actually pretty easy to find. At least around Toronto....they run between $30 - $60 Canadian funds depending on what chain you pick them up from....

Originally posted by MovieFan
The three Dario Argento two-packs are LEs with each being limited to 5,000 copies. The only way you might find them are by getting it online. If you can't find them, then you'd have to buy each film separately.