PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek TOS : Season 2 review

Evil Dead Guy
11-07-2004, 03:32 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002JJBZE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
The original Star Trek crew is back for season 2 , and what a nice box set it is at that . I first noticed the nice color of blue , that truely stands out in my DVD collection . The picture and sound quality again like season 1 is perfect , not even a sign of old age . Again this DVD set is loaded with extras , which can be found on disc seven . Season two is my personal favorite season of Star Trek , i believe it has some of the best writen episodes of this classic show . From ' Amok Time ' to the classic humorous episode ' The Trouble with Tribbles ' http://www.skotophile.com/StarTrek/STgrfx/OldTrek/14TribbleToss.JPEG , this DVD set is a must have for any Star Trek or science fiction fan as like myself . This set cost me around $118 Canadian , a little high but is worth every penny and i believe is cheaper than waiting to buy all three together .

DVD Set - A+
Video Quality - A+
Sound Quality A+
Extras - A+

Disc One

Amok Time ( text commentary by michael Okuda and Denise Okuda )
Who Mourns for Adonais?
The Changeling
Mirror , Mirror

Disc Two

The Apple
The Doomsday Machine
Catspaw
I , Mudd

Disc Three

Metamorphosis
Journey to Babel
Friday's Child
The Deadly Years

Disc Four

Obsession
Wolf in the Fold
The Trouble With Tribbles ( Text commentary by michael Okuda and Denise Okuda )
The Gangsters of Triskelion

Disc Five

A Piece of the Action
The Immunity Syndrome
A Private Little war
Return to Tomorrow

Disc Six

Patterns of Force
By Any Other Name
The Omega Glory
The Ultimate Computer

Disc Seven

Bread and Circuses
Assignment: Earth

Extras : ( Over Three Hours of Special Features )

- to Boldly Go.... " Season Two
- Life Beyond Trek : Leonard Nemoy
- Kirk, Spock, & Bones : Star Trek's Great Treo
- Designing the Final frontier
- Star Trek's Divine Diva : Nichelle Nichols
- Writer's Notebook : D.C. Fontana
- Production Art
- Photo Gallery
- Preview Trailers

Damage
11-07-2004, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the review! Slowly making my way through this collection myself. Some great episodes in Season Two for sure.

Fumi
11-08-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm sure I'll pick these up some day in the not so near future. Glad to hear the picture quality is excellent.

Silent Noize
11-08-2004, 03:53 PM
"Amok Time" and "The Ultimate Computer" are two of my favorite Star Trek episodes. I actually recently completed a song with a bunch of samples from "The Ultimate Computer". heh. This set looks good but I have heard that the audio is remixed in 5.1 Does it not include the original mono tracks as well?

Damage
11-08-2004, 04:05 PM
I'd be interested to hear that song!