PDA

View Full Version : Become Wrath! (Se7en)

Mark Relford
12-28-2000, 02:05 AM
Jumping Jesus, this release is amazing!!! Kudos to New Line (again) for giving us an amazing SE. My girlfriend hasn't seen this masterpiece before and she was in for a real treat last night. Also, it was a good thing she didn't know about the ending. When it was all over, she was in tears. She wanted a Hollywood happy ending. This movie hasn't lost its impact, it still manages to shock.
I haven't went through disc 2 yet. My buddy showed me the crime scene photographs and John Doe's pictures. (Some of them were f**king creepy!)
Have you guys seen Resurrection? It's a big time Se7en ripoff. It does sport a cool crucifixion scene.

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

joltaddict
12-28-2000, 02:07 AM
My favorite part of the supplemental disc is the Notebooks Section. The level of detail that went into those things is impressive. There is a real suicide note in it.

------------------
Further Proof of my Obsesive-Compusive Disorder (http://www.crosswinds.net/~joltaddict/dvdcatalog.htm)

jeffschmidt
01-05-2001, 04:24 AM
I saw Resurrection on HBO a few months ago. I really liked it (I'm a big Lambert fan) but, yes, there's a lot of Se7en influence there. The Se7en SE is awesome; especially since it cost me only $20.00.

------------------
"I like that satellite TV, Pa!" -Ellie May, Redneck Zombies

Mark Relford
01-05-2001, 05:05 AM
Joltaddict, the suicide note from a prisoner was an interesting touch to the Notebooks. Creepy shit! Have you listened to the commentaries yet?

Jeff, the fellow that participated in the lust murder was also in Resurrection (As Lambert's partner) and The Bone Collector. (Another Se7en inspired flick.)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 01-05-2001).]

AceRimRat
01-06-2001, 12:48 AM
Doesn't it seem like Leland Orser (that actor) is everywhere these days?

I even read one review of the Bone Collector that said he was so recognizable that at one point, it harmed the film (I won't say how, spoiler and all).

joltaddict
01-06-2001, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Mark Relford:
Joltaddict, the suicide note from a prisoner was an interesting touch to the Notebooks. Creepy shit! Have you listened to the commentaries yet?

Unfortunatly no, I lent it to one of my employees and I have Carnival of Souls and Straw Dogs still in the shrinkwrap. I might get around to it next weekend.

I devoured those extras before I let it out of the house though!

------------------
Further Proof of my Obsesive-Compusive Disorder (http://www.crosswinds.net/~joltaddict/dvdcatalog.htm)

Mark Relford
01-06-2001, 03:54 AM
Joltaddict, I know what you mean. I have a few discs left over from x-mas to go through. Probably check out the Fincher/Pitt/Freeman commentary tomorrow.
Straw Dogs is a classic! I've always had a soft spot for Peckinpah's Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia.

------------------

Paff
01-06-2001, 08:08 AM
Yeah, Seven is a really good disc. I just picked it up at Fry's for $17 (couldn't pass up that deal). I was Seven-less for a few weeks, since I sold my LD copy (NOT Criterion) to help finance my new player. I didn't mind doing that since I knew I'd be getting this great new DVD real soon. But I hated not having a copy on hand. Now I just need a good rainy night to sit back and watch it.

I really want to check out a lot of the extras, especially the details on the remastering process. Even after giving the disc a quick once-over, I could tell the rear channels were a LOT more aggressive than on the Dolby Digital laserdisc. It might be the first time I've heard a movie remastered that was done in Dolby Digital in the first place, so I'm really interested in the sound, and what they did.

(by the way, it looks like there's some missing stuff on this disc. I had heard the Criterion LD had a blooper segment. I love those, like on From Dusk Till Dawn. And my old VHS copy had a making-of segment that I haven't found on the DVD yet. No excuse for that, New Line.)

Anyway, great movie. A must-have.