PDA

View Full Version : Tales From the Documentary

Dave
11-13-2004, 12:54 AM
"Tales from the Crypt: From Comic Books to Television" profiles the story behind the famous and controversial EC horror comic books of the 1950's, and the pop culture they inspired. The main feature - a one-hour documentary produced for American Movie Classics (AMC) - features interviews with George A. Romero, John Carpenter, R.L. Stine, and Joel Silver, each of whom discusses the influence that the famous EC horror comics had on their careers. Clips from "Night of the Living Dead," "Creepshow," "The Fog," "Tales from the Crypt" (the 1972 movie) and the "Tales from the Crypt" television series demonstrate these influences.

The two-disc DVD set includes three hours of additional bonus material, including a rare roundtable discussion with horror/science fiction legendary author, Ray Bradbury.

For more information, go to www.cryptdvd.com. The set is available now at a price of $29.99

dwatts
11-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Very cool! PDF's of some of the comics would have made it a killer.

BloodMan
11-13-2004, 01:59 AM
I ordered this puppy last week. Should be here sometime next week. :)
I have tons of comics for this EC stuff. If you order em directly from Gemstone.. they are like 2 bucks or so a pop... or you can order those annuals where they bound like 4 or 5 issues into one book for like 10 - 12 bucks I think.

Bobbywoodhogan
11-14-2004, 08:50 PM
I wish they would relaese the TV series on DVD

sumo8675309
11-14-2004, 09:30 PM
I wish they would relaese the TV series on DVD

check this thread out
http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=20878

Lyle Horowitz
11-19-2004, 05:23 AM
I'm a huge fan. I got every comic in a hardcover, leather-bound case for my birthday many years ago. I collected EC Comics a lot when I was little. I am a big fan of the show, it's one of my favorites. I'll have to pick this up soon.

John Gargo
11-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Sounds awesome... I've got to get around to getting the comics as well, come to think of it.

Shannafey
11-19-2004, 02:38 PM
I've been collecting the reprints in $.25 and $1 bins at comic shows for a while now, but the collected volumes would be the way to go to get all the stories.

geekcccp
11-19-2004, 06:06 PM
does anyone know if there are on line retailers who carry the EC reprints in either single issues or the trades they put out a couple of years back? i tried gemstone but cant find a store or any ordering info besides the free catalog they can send

VideoViolence
11-23-2004, 08:01 AM
I might buy this one myself.

mcchrist
11-23-2004, 08:13 AM
I'm intrigued. I'll still wait, documentaries can be half-assed more than any other genre. Let us know how it us. Great subject matter.

BloodMan
11-23-2004, 08:18 AM
does anyone know if there are on line retailers who carry the EC reprints in either single issues or the trades they put out a couple of years back? i tried gemstone but cant find a store or any ordering info besides the free catalog they can send

The free catalog they send you has all that info in there. They got lots of different comics too. For EC stuff, they have single issues (some are now out of print) and they have pretty much all the annuals except Tales from the Crypt vol 1 (issues 1 - 5) :)