PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Loomis Rant In A Halloween Flick

Chucky P
08-29-2001, 06:44 AM
After reading the Halloween 2 review I was thinking of all the crazy things that came out of the doctor's mouth. Enjoy!

swr2777
08-29-2001, 01:03 PM
Heh-heh! Fun poll! Gotta love them dramatic rants. I went with the original "15 years ago" rant, which already looks like it's in the lead, but it's still kinda hard to decide which is more symbolic, hammy, or frought with paranoia. He-he!

Thanks for starting this poll.

rhett
08-29-2001, 09:17 PM
Great poll! I love looking at all the Loomis-isms! :) Although the "15 years old" rant is in my sig, I've always loved his "I shot him 6 tiiiiiiiiiiiiimes!" line. Loomis was one of horrors best reoccurring characters, and its a shame he's gone!

AceRimRat
08-29-2001, 09:50 PM
Of course, if you watch carefully, in Halloween 2, he shoots him seven. :D

Chucky P
09-07-2001, 04:23 AM
If you want to see more goofs from H2 here's the list.

http://us.imdb.com/Goofs?0082495

It goes on forever :)

It looks like the "I met him 15 years ago" speech is ahead with "I shot him six times" in second (and my personal favorite) with "This is not a man" and "You're talking about him as if he were a human being. That part of him died years ago." tied for 3rd.

I was thinking about the ones I missed and the ones I can think of were him in tv version "You fooled them Michael, but you haven't fooled me." Or his looking past the wall speech in the original, which the sheriff called fancy talk.

Also in part 4 at the end when he said "Myers is in hell, where he belongs."

I was thinking about putting down all the times he went nuts and waved his gun around screaming but there are too many of those.

:D

If anybody has anymore please feel free to post them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Peter Vincent
09-12-2001, 08:34 PM
I voted "U don't know what DEATH is" 'cause that line just doesn't make sense (unless your talking to a CORPSE). It's almost like something he made up on the spur of the moment, as if he needed a quicky, catchy response!

Doombear
09-18-2001, 09:58 AM
How about "Hey, Lonnie, get your ass away from there!" or something along those lines?

Chucky P
10-31-2001, 07:46 PM
I watched some of H6 and there were some extra Loomis-isms that I missed like "Myers isn't dead! I can see his heart!" or something like that. :)

moogong
11-01-2001, 07:58 PM
Loomis just got crazier and crazier.....I loved part 5 when he went renegade and pulled the gun on the cop. The old man had balls!!!

MISFITZ
11-09-2001, 06:48 PM
THIS IS AWESOME!!
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif

I don't think I've laughed this hard in a long time!! Probably the best post I've been to on this site!! I have tears running down my eyes!! Gawd, i'm gonna get fired!!!

"I shot him six tiiiiimeees", had me rollin, and then AceRimRat, busted me up with the fact it was actually seven!!

All of them are great, and Loomis got crazier and crazier! God bless him!! I think it was in H4, but Loomis is in the diner and he see Mike's reflection or something, and points his gun and says something like, "Damn you michael." He says it so sad and weak, like Michael just broke his new toy or ran over his cat! I dunno! I probably flubbed that one! But these are classic!!!

moogong
11-09-2001, 08:09 PM
sad fact is Donald Pleasance got weaker as the series wore on...
his health was going downhill fast.....great actor though.
God Bless Him!!!