PDA

View Full Version : New Feature, New Contest

rhett
12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
The opening of our new Arcade (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/arcade.php) section has opened up a new interactivity between all of us members. With 19 new games and counting, it is the perfect place for us to indulge in playing games both new and old. To kick off this fun new section, we will be holding a small little contest. Warner Brothers has been kind enough to donate us seven DVDs, so we thought we would award the best gamers with a little DVD reward. The parameters of the contest are as follows:

Seven of the games have been randomly selected:

Asteroids
Chopper Challenge
Classic Donkey Kong
Snake
Sperm Wars
Stick Fighter
Tetris

The rules are simple:

Whoever places first place in each of those seven selected games will win one free DVD. The contest begins now, and will end a week from now at 12:00 AM (GMT -7) Sunday, December 12th.

The fine print:

First choice will be given to those members who have been with us the longest.
Since shipping expenses are coming out of our pocket, this contest is unfortunately limited to those in North America.
In order to keep prizes spread out, you can only win a maximum of one DVD. If you place first in more than one game, then the next highest placed member with the longest history (who hasn't won in another category) at Horrordvds will be awarded the free DVD.

The DVDs:

Gotkia: Special Edition (2)
He Knows You're Alone (1)
Helter Skelter (1)
Salem's Lot (1)
Return of the Living Dead, Part II (2)

The arcade section can be accessed by clicking here (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/arcade.php), or it can always be found in the blue bar at the top of the page. So help us kick off this new section by playing away...you might just win a prize!

thrashard76
12-06-2004, 05:43 AM
Man, I sure do wish that Breakout was on there. :rolleyes:

IGotsNewShoes
12-06-2004, 05:47 AM
am I missing something? there are 8 games listed...not 7

rhett
12-06-2004, 06:00 AM
My bad. I had originally had Contra on there, but took it off because it was glitchy, I added two more by accident to replace it. It has been fixed.

indiephantom
12-06-2004, 06:24 AM
this is so awesome! I've been playing the games on and off all day and I sure do appreciate having this!! Thanks guys, it's yet another reason this is the best forum I've ever belonged to!

thrashard76
12-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Yeah I agree, great idea for a contest. I do wish that everyone could be included in this though. Give us US people some interesting challenges.

walkingdude
12-08-2004, 03:55 AM
Damn I could have sworn Bin Laden Liquors was on that list.What a waste of 2 hours!

KR~!
12-08-2004, 04:18 AM
Cool! Too bad I totally suck at video games

Dunwich
12-09-2004, 12:33 AM
yeah was playing bin laden for that particular reason too. it was a nice war between walkingdude13 and me ;) you officially won walkindude ;)

betterdan
12-09-2004, 01:44 AM
I'll let you all win since I have those dvds already. If I didn't I'd probably kick all of your asses :)

walkingdude
12-09-2004, 01:49 AM
yeah was playing bin laden for that particular reason too. it was a nice war between walkingdude13 and me ;) you officially won walkindude ;)It was listed there before wasn't it?I thought i was going to go blind.I saw Bin Laden in my sleep.:nervous: Then I see it's off the game list!it must be a conspiracy!

Dunwich
12-09-2004, 04:04 AM
yeah it was listed. there we're 8 game list instead of 7. so they remove one. and it happen to be the bin laden one.

anyway I was going crazy trying to beat your score. almost did earlier today. I was around 1200 kills so around 1 200 000 with still 3 bin laden that I could miss. Then my browser crash and lost the game. Find out right after that the game was no longer in the contest.

John Gargo
12-09-2004, 04:17 AM
All I can say is that if I win and get stuck with one of those Gothika DVDs, I'm going to let whoever came second take it instead of me... better someone else enjoy it because I hate that film.

Also, I'm assuming the SALEM'S LOT disc is the recent miniseries, no?