PDA

View Full Version : Question

David666
01-12-2001, 06:19 AM
*NEW* David DeCoteau just completed his latest chiller, FINAL STAB, about a murder-mystery game that leads to real bloodspilling. The movie, which should hit video in April, contains "some really beautiful girls" and seriously gory murders, according to the director, who next tackles the psychothriller THE LAST VALENTINE'S DAY. Matthew Jason Walsh wrote both films.

OK, ok, ok.... are these two lovers or what? I pretty much surmised that DeCoteau was gay from his many female aliases, Voodoo Academy, and a sex flick in which there are more dick shots then anything else.

I have got no problem if they are, but really someone should tell them that their movies suck!

------------------
-David

"Didn't they tell you Kirsty, the rules of the fairy tale have changed. Not only am I the wicked stepmother, but I'm also the evil queen. So come on! Take your best shot, Snow White!"
- Julia (Claire Higgings)
Hellbound: Hellraiser 2

"If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?"
... who knows, its on the radio all the time.

kiddvideo
12-30-2002, 04:30 AM
I actually just bought final stab today, rather cheap at wal-mart (and it is widescreen to boot). I was actually quite surprised by the film, and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. It is a hell of alot better than most of the DTV crap that is pumped into video stores now a days. It at least has a little tiny bit of originality and a little bit of kink :D

DeepDownTraumaHound
12-30-2002, 07:40 PM
Ok, the last Brotherhood movie, III i think, is insufferable! What a waste of f'ing time. EVERYTHING sucked about this movie. I really like Voodoo Academy for it's sheer absurdity and B-movie badness,(so bad!) but c'mon give us our money's worth DeCoteau!

JRBTempe
12-30-2002, 08:57 PM
LOL...Matthew Jason Walsh is quite straight, I assure you. Long before he churned out these heartless scripts for DeCoteau, he was churning out scripts for Tempe and a few of them weren't too shabby. Walsh has an unpublished book called THE CURE which proves the kid can indeed write!

DeCoteau on the other hand...well, your guess is right on the money as anyone who has seen his film LEATHER JACKET LOVE STORY will attest to. He's out of the closet and not trying to hide that. I edited several of his films, first with Full Moon (SHRIEKER, CURSE OF THE PUPPET MASTER) and later for Regent (THE BROTHERHOOD 1 & 2)...Dave isn't trying for high art and frankly these flicks aren't my personal cup of tea, either. All I can say is, I've been involved in much worse, and thankfully much better, also. :lol:

THE MOVIE KING
12-31-2002, 12:33 AM
Hey! JRB

You probably don't remember me but I was on you Tempe site

about 6 months ago and I said I liked Fullmoons stuff better

than the crap that was being put out by Tempe. Boy, all

the ass-kissers came to your rescue Big Time. But you were

Cool about it and tried to explain why you were not shooting

on film and the type of budget you were working with. Thumbs up for you!

Also I enjoyed Jigsaw, of which, I believe was from Tempe also. Good Job!
:D :D

JRBTempe
12-31-2002, 01:28 AM
We try not to call them "ass-kissers"...I think they prefer the term "fans"... :lol:

THE MOVIE KING
12-31-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by JRBTempe
We try not to call them "ass-kissers"...I think they prefer the term "fans"... :lol:

That's cool.... but they only have 1 opinion and they don't care about anybody else's. Maybe i was a little harsh. on your site i was "The king Of Movies"
JR what was the budget for Jigsaw? :fire: :fire:

JRBTempe
12-31-2002, 05:20 AM
Movie King...I think you have to assume that going to a company message board you're likely to run into folks who love that company's work more than not. I don't recall the exchange or what you said, but I'm all about freedom of speech whether I happen to agree with it or not.

JIGSAW was very cheap...$35,000! We sent the filmmakers back to their home turf of Wisconsin to shoot it, which is why I think it stands out. We did the same thing last year for DEAD & ROTTING which had a great Midwestern look we would never have gotten in Los Angeles...

THE MOVIE KING
12-31-2002, 11:51 PM
Movie King...I think you have to assume that going to a company message board you're likely to run into folks who love that company's work more than not. I don't recall the exchange or what you said, but I'm all about freedom of speech whether I happen to agree with it or not.

JIGSAW was very cheap...$35,000! We sent the filmmakers back to their home turf of Wisconsin to shoot it, which is why I think it stands out. We did the same thing last year for DEAD & ROTTING which had a great Midwestern look we would never have gotten in Los Angeles...

Ah...
Going to stick with DV :( or will you be shooting any Films on 35mm?

JRBTempe
01-01-2003, 05:39 PM
I've stopped producing and have returned to directing with my latest film, STINGERS. We shot HDCAM 24p a'la STAR WARS EPISODE II (without going back to film, naturally, since this is direct-to-video)... :rolleyes:

THE MOVIE KING
01-01-2003, 08:16 PM
I've stopped producing and have returned to directing with my latest film, STINGERS. We shot HDCAM 24p a'la STAR WARS EPISODE II (without going back to film, naturally, since this is direct-to-video)... :rolleyes:

Sounds good... do you own that HD-CAMERA ? :rolleyes:

JRBTempe
01-01-2003, 08:57 PM
I own the high-end DVCAM camera used on JIGSAW and many others from the last couple of years...the Sony 500WS which does true 16:9. It's the same one that Figgis used to shoot TIME CODE with I believe...

THE MOVIE KING
01-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Thanks

I will keep my EYE open for STINGERS :eek1:

David666
01-02-2003, 03:23 AM
Wow, I can't remember starting this post at all. Actually there was a Walsh film I really liked... Kingdom of the Vampire. My tape was stolen! Damn the man! And wasn't he involved in one of my all time fave shot on tape flicks... The Sandman? That tape was stolen too. I await their DVD incarnations 'cause I shall have them.

JRBTempe
01-02-2003, 04:46 AM
David666...KINGDOM OF THE VAMPIRE "almost" got remade last year, written and directed by Walsh. May still happen in some form, otherwise we'll remaster the original and get that on DVD.

THE SANDMAN is coming in 2003 under a new title from Wizard Video, to be followed by a full-fledged Tempe Special Edition DVD under the original title later on. It was also part of a retrospective on my directing career at a film festival in Argentina last month...will wonders never cease... :lol: