PDA

View Full Version : Did you like New York Ripper?

Marquis De Sade
08-31-2001, 05:02 PM
I was thinking of buying this slasher, as I've heard it's very gory, so I wanted to know you guys opinions on the movie:

Did you like it?
Is the F/X good?
Is it gory as hell?!!

Cheers. :)

AceRimRat
09-01-2001, 12:26 AM
This is one of my favorite Euro-horror slashers. Great guilty pleasure, equal parts ridiculous and sublime.

Effects are, as with most Euro titles in my experience, anywhere from grotesquely realistic to a little absurd. Mostly top-notch. A couple of really great ones, and at least two "oh my God!" ouchies.

Gory as hell? Yeah. Maybe even gorier.

AB's disc is a nice one. Not great, but solid. Usually about $15-20 and well worth the price IMO.

Crazferret
09-01-2001, 02:28 AM
New York Ripper is great. My wife and I watched it for the first time and showed it to a friend. Our friend got a DVD player a few weeks later and New York Ripper was one of her 1st DVD's. It was a good one.

Marquis De Sade
09-01-2001, 04:44 AM
Cheers for the info, lads....

Off to order it...
:)

pagemaster7
09-02-2001, 08:52 AM
I liked it much more than I thought I would, and yes gory as hell.

keith70
09-03-2001, 07:30 AM
This is probably the fastest paced Fulci flick I've seen. I was very impressed by it. The dubbing was bad, but the acting was better than normal. I'd recommend it even if you didn't like The Beyond or Zombie. However, I still think I like Zombie best.

But if you're looking for a slasher flick, this is a real good one. The duck thing even makes sense by the time it's over.

skinnypuppy6
09-03-2001, 07:55 AM
New York Ripper rocks you have to get it it has some great breast mutilation :) :) and other gore!!!

Marquis De Sade
09-03-2001, 05:06 PM
Well, it's been ordered, and this morning Maniac came through the letterbox, so I'll watch that tonight.

Can't wait until Opera comes out next week.

"If you try to close your eyes, you'll tear them apart, so you'll just have to watch EVERYTHING!!!"

Too fu*king right, Dario!!!

The Chaostar
09-06-2001, 08:16 PM
I was shocked to discover (through sexgoremutants.co.f9.uk) that the AB dvd is zoomed in, missing information from ALL sides of the screen!
Italian Shock has released a better region free dvd with more extras and a solid transfer.

Marquis De Sade
09-08-2001, 02:13 AM
Just watched New York Ripper, and yuk!, that bit where the killer cuts right through a victims nipple with a razor.....

Great slasher, though..:)

Matt
09-10-2001, 06:26 AM
Where can I get the Italian Shock version?

Jason25
09-11-2001, 07:33 AM
The Italian Shock disc is very good. Excellent film. I loved it. Fulci had the best gore scenes.

Yowie
09-11-2001, 08:49 AM
The AB version is cropped ?. I'd like some more info on that, please. I don't have the AB DVD (yet) but I have their VHS of it, and I think the framing looks quite nice. (-The tape quality sucks though.)

BlazingMagnum
09-11-2001, 06:35 PM
Poor Daniella Doria gets it again in NY Ripper; this time (as everybody knows) through her stomach, nipple & eyeball in a long & protracted torture/murder.

Daniella Doria is kind-of like the female Giovanni Lombardo Radice (John Morghen). Fulci must have either loved or hated her with a passion. Check out The Black Cat - where her face is eaten by rats, House By The Cemetery - where she has the blade of a knife slammed right through her head, City Of The Living Dead - in which she vomits-up sheep entrails, The Beyond - where she get's her ear eaten & throat torn out by Dickie! - Without doubt, Daniella has to be my favorite Italian Ice cream!