PDA

View Full Version : Total Movie 3

Paff
12-28-2000, 04:18 AM
OK, who all signed up for the free issue of Total Movie? You know, the movie with the free DVD included...

I was too late to get issue 1, but I got my free issue 2 a couple of months ago. Subscriptions are $15, but the newsstand cost is $8 per issue. Even though I though the magazine was a lot of flash with very little substance (aka the Jerry Bruckheimer of magazines), as long as 2 of the 6 issues I get from subscribing are passable, it's worth the $15.

Well, issue 3 arrived today, and this one is a must-have for sci-fi/horror fans. I haven't even put the free DVD in my player yet.

First off is the 20th scariest movie of all time. Anyone who got issue 1 saw Wes Craven(!) list the 19 scariest films, and they left it up to the readers to come up with #20. I won't give away the winner here, but I pretty much agree. Plus there were some of the other selections, along with some laughable comments from those who selected them. My biggest beef is the listing of Creepers, not Phenomena.

Let's see, what else...There's an article on Hannibal, there's the top 10 movie psychos and the list of most disturbing scenes. This includes 3 movies that were disturbing beginning to end, and includes a bathtub picture of Camille Keaton in I Spit on Your Grave. So much for being a "family" magazine. Good.

If that wasn't enough, there's a Mafia movie marathon, and a selection of older Sci-Fi effects that still stand up today. Good selections like Alien, Blade Runner, and The Thing made that list.

But the crowning jewel is an interview with none other than George A. Romero!

Like I said, Total Movie is not the most in-depth magazine out there, but it's a fun read, the free DVD is always cool, and this month's focus on horror, sci-fi, gangsters, and psychos is right up my alley. Go get it.

joltaddict
12-28-2000, 06:38 AM
Put that DVD in and watch Rock 'N' Roll Frankenstein. It's very reamimator-ish. The twist is they bring back the dead parts of dead rock stars to create the ultimate musician. Jimi's hand, Keith Moon's legs, Elvis's brain...

and oops; Liberace's penis.

------------------
Further Proof of my Obsesive-Compusive Disorder (http://www.crosswinds.net/~joltaddict/dvdcatalog.htm)

Django
12-29-2000, 01:03 AM
I just want to know what the new trailers are...

joltaddict
12-29-2000, 01:05 AM
Trailers:
Hannibal
Dude, Where's My Car
Finding Forrester
Cast Away
Valentine
The Family Man
Proof of Life
The Legend of Drunken Master
Miss Congeniality

Mark Relford
12-29-2000, 04:14 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by joltaddict:
[B]Put that DVD in and watch Rock 'N' Roll Frankenstein. It's very reamimator-ish. The twist is they bring back the dead parts of dead rock stars to create the ultimate musician. Jimi's hand, Keith Moon's legs, Elvis's brain...

and oops; Liberace's penis.

Dude, they fucked up on that premise. What about The Lizard King, Jim Morrison?

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

DopeChamberX
12-29-2000, 06:29 AM
Can anyone supply a link to subscribe? Thanks.

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

Mark Relford
12-29-2000, 08:36 PM
Cool!

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

joltaddict
12-30-2000, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Mark Relford:
What about The Lizard King, Jim Morrison?

It's only a trailer but it does show them digging him up. Doesn't say which body part is used.