PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Winners

rhett
12-14-2004, 04:39 AM
The contest is over, and thanks to all who participated. The number of games in our arcade is growing faster than ever, and thanks to you guys so is our user base. It is tough choosing winners, but here is how she went:

Asteroids - Jaffe
Chopper Challenge - WesReviews
Classic Donkey Kong - thrashard76
Snake - John Gargo
Sperm Wars - John Gargo, Werner Von Wallenrod
Stick Fighter - WitchHunter
Tetris - Jaffe

John Gargo and Jaffe cleaned up in two categories, so the next highest winners are:

Sperm Wars - Werner Von Wallenrod
Tetris - bachmann

So of all the winners, here is the picking order:

WesReviews
thrashard76
Jaffe
John Gargo
WitchHunter
Werner Von Wallenrod
bachmann

Again, here are the following DVDs to choose from:

Gothika: Special Edition (2)
He Knows You're Alone (1)
Helter Skelter (2004) (1)
Salem's Lot (2004) (1)
Return of the Living Dead, Part II (2)

So if each winner listed above can PM me with their 5 picks in order of most wanted, then I will sort it out and ship them out soon.

Its nice to see that winners were both old and new, and I hope you all had fun!

Evil Dead Guy
12-14-2004, 04:42 AM
Congratulations , you guys . Enjoy your winnings . :)

Werner Von Wallenrod
12-14-2004, 06:09 AM
I always knew I'd be rewarded for it if I spent the day shooting sperm at work!

onebyone
12-14-2004, 06:26 AM
Congrats all.

Now, if Jaffe would share his tetris secrets with the group, that would be great.

thrashard76
12-14-2004, 06:48 AM
This contest was an exciting contest for me. I'm glad that I could step up and throw down some of my old skool skillz from years of button mashing abuse. Thanks goes out to all the members who played and challenged each other constantly, to the mods, Rhett and Dave for hosting and maintaining a fair-balanced contest. I hope that more contests like this will be had in the future and that our fellow board members outside of North America can get in on some of the action during the next round. And finally, congrats to the other finalists as well.

John Gargo
12-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Yeah, this was quite fun.... I really enjoyed it. :)

Agent Z
12-14-2004, 07:27 AM
I always knew I'd be rewarded for it if I spent the day shooting sperm at work!

That is SO wrong...and in SO many ways. :eek2:

Luna
12-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Congratulations, guys!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

RyanPC
12-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Congrats, everyone! :banana:

Dave
12-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Congrats guys. I'm glad you liked it. We will do contests that are open to readers outside of the U.S. and Canada. It just has to be spread out a little to help control costs.

Now, back to Bomber Man. Must kick Gargo's ass.

bachmann
12-14-2004, 06:39 PM
you have to give my price to someone else cause i live in Denmark

Jaffe
12-15-2004, 03:25 AM
onebyone - Lots of practice on the original gameboy, and lots of practice on an old comp version. Start at level 10, keep the lines as low as you can and keep an eye on what's upcoming (think ahead).

And maybe my slow comp/connection had something to do with it... that's been mentioned by others (although I never tried any of the games on any other comp).

Jaffe

John Gargo
12-15-2004, 03:46 AM
Now, back to Bomber Man. Must kick Gargo's ass.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

onebyone
12-16-2004, 03:50 AM
Interesting Jaffe. I never thought about starting at level 10. I will try this weekend and see if it helps me out. If not, I will just say it is because I have a fast internet connection. Excuses, excuses. Congrats again. :)

Jaffe
12-19-2004, 03:39 AM
OneByOne - The higher level you are at, the more points you get for lines (obviously, 4 lines at a time give the most points). Therefore, I started at level 10.... or 9, can't remember for sure.

Jaffe

John Gargo
12-31-2004, 06:33 PM
My copy of Helter Skelter came in the mail today... thanks guys!

thrashard76
01-01-2005, 05:46 AM
Same here, my copy of He Knows You're Alone came in today. Thanks guys.