PDA

View Full Version : Argento's Inferno

DefJeff
09-01-2001, 07:35 PM
whats everyones opinions on this movie?

i just saw it for the first time yesterday -- ive been reading the reviews of it on various sites before i checked it out and i really wasnt expecting much -- but i was plesently surprised .. its a good movie in my opinion, not Argentos best, but also not his worst. All in all, i think this is a good flick worth checking out.

Jeff

The Chaostar
09-01-2001, 08:56 PM
Many people don't get it. It is his best forme.
For example,most of those who have seen the film they do not understand who is the girl that is staring Leigh in the Music house in Rome when it is clearly stated in the beginning that "The most beautiful Mother of them all lives in Rome". You must see the film twice to get it fully.
Alan Jones has an Inferno tatoo and I am thinking of getting one very soon. No film can beat inferno in my book.

napalm68
09-02-2001, 07:20 AM
I liked the story. I LOATHED the keith emerson score. It sucked more than anything that has ever sucked before. And the narration seemed a bit overdone.

And anyone who didn't figure out the woman in Rome was one of the mothers the first time maybe ought to stick with Jerry Fuckheimer films...;)

pagemaster7
09-02-2001, 09:01 AM
I rather liked it, I though it showed allot of style. I still think Deep Red and Tenebre are much better films.

The Chaostar
09-03-2001, 10:46 PM
I loved Emerson's score since I was 13.... You hurt my feelings!:D

And fact is many do not understand who is the girl, why is Leigh getting a heart attack and what's with the waves.

They do not have to stick with Bruckhaimer though...

DVD Connoisseur
09-04-2001, 06:34 PM
I found the ending to Inferno an anticlimax. The Three Mothers trilogy desperately needs to be completed.

I prefer Argento's giallo movies to his supernatural ones, rating Opera, Deep Red and Tenebre over Suspiria and Inferno. I know I'm probably in the minority, though!:D

The Chaostar
09-04-2001, 08:00 PM
It's a mystery isn't it?
I know Dario had big problems with Inferno and that he doesn't fill ready to finish it. I really do not think he ever will and that is a shame.

keith70
09-05-2001, 07:40 AM
Unfortunately he'll probably die before he makes it and Steven Spillberg will make his own crappy version of the film. From what I've read, I've been given the impression that the script was written about sixteen years ago, so there is a possibilaty.

napalm68
09-05-2001, 03:57 PM
Hollywood fund the third film by someone? Not likely. What will happen is that they will fund some no-talent fuck director to the tune of $30 million to remake Suspiria, put Brittany Spears in the lead role, have a score done by Jennifer Lopez and Sniff Doggy Doo, and change the Witch concept to KKK...

(No smiley's, as I am not laughing...)

Steve Langton
09-05-2001, 09:37 PM
I think Inferno will turn out to be Argento's masterpiece.
This film has everything; terrific set-pieces, wonderful lighting, the divine Daria Nicolodi - it even shares the same cab driver as Suspiria (one of 'The Three Mothers' minions). Sure, Deep Red and Tenebrae are widely held up to be possibly his finest hours, but for a wild ride-and-a-half, Inferno hits the spot every time.

Can't see the 3rd instalment ever being made. I know Nicolodi had a script prepared but I caught an Argento interview at London's NFT (The Stendhal Syndrome) and he seemed to all but rule it out. Five years later and we seem no further forward, though he'd certainly find no problems in raising the finance to get it made.

_pi_
09-05-2001, 10:49 PM
It's only been a couple of weeks since I discovered who the staring girl was. I always thought she was just another unimportant character, like the hot-dog vendor with the meat-cleaver. I don't think Inferno made a lot of sense, and because of its lack of a good story (or, perhaps, a complete lack of ANY story) I never thought about the staring-girl until I saw it again a couple of weeks ago and made the connection. But what was with that insert-shot of a girl being hanged? Makes very little sense, but perhaps you Inferno lovers have all the answers...

keith70
09-06-2001, 06:34 AM
I forgot about that. What is with the girl being hanged? I'm not 100% convinced that the AB disc is uncut. Something about the film doesn't seem right. I love the movie, but I feel something's missing. Cat O' Nine Tails also seemed like it was missing a bit to me. Mostly violence. It's the tamest Argento flick I've seen. The ending made up for the lack of gore though. I twitched when that guy went down the elevator. Ouch!

The Chaostar
09-06-2001, 01:26 PM
In various places of the world people (or butterflies - hence the lizard scene) are dying because they know too much. (Every time a paper head is cut off someone dies - divine intervention). The girl, the butterfly and then follows the double murder scene (because TWO paper heads are cut off).