PDA

View Full Version : Will you be buying Lizard in a Woman's Skin?

rhett
01-09-2005, 06:32 PM
The travels of LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN to DVD have not been easy. There have been many years and even more delays in between Shriek Show's original announcement of the title. As it turns out, there have been many issues over the rights of the film and in securing workable film prints. On the DVD that will be released next month, an anamorphic transfer of the cut print will be included, but the uncut will be relegated to a cropped 1.33:1 full screen print. Given that knowledge, and the obscurity of the title, will you still be buying it?

Crystal Plumage
01-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Voted yes.
I just want this film.

Jason25
01-09-2005, 06:42 PM
It's not an obscure title. Lucio Fulci is one of the most, if not most, well known European Cult Filmmaker. It also happens to be one of his best, if not best, films.

I will purchase this title because I love the film, not because I'm satisfied with the AR or the reason given for it. I also want to see the extras provided as they sound very enticing.

I have a feeling this won't be the last release this title receives. This should have been the definitive release, but sadly will not be.

RyanPC
01-09-2005, 06:58 PM
I'll be picking it up... I love Fulci's Don't Torture a Duckling and since I've heard this one ranks right up there with that film, I've got to see it.

dwatts
01-09-2005, 07:21 PM
It's an obscure title in that it's taken a long time to reach us, and there's nowhere else releasing it. Yes, I'm getting it, no doubt.

DVD Connoisseur
01-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Yep, I'm another "will be buying it" vote.
A better release may, perhaps, one day appear. But given the wait for this version, I'm going to take the plunge. Let's face it, it's not much of a gamble. If a better version appears at some point in the future, the original can say, "Hello eBay!"

hell ya!
01-09-2005, 08:47 PM
I'll be buying but it's too bad the release couldn't be better.

Hellbilly
01-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Picking this up when available. Never seen this film before but read many good things about it.

Franco
01-09-2005, 09:16 PM
I'll go for it totally blind! ;)

thrashard76
01-10-2005, 05:27 AM
Maybe, I will wait for the reviews.

Too many ifs for be to go forward and blind buy this, especially when there are other titles to consider buying and there will most definitely be a bettered version of this to come out later down the road.

Demon
01-10-2005, 05:38 AM
Yes, I'll take the film any way I can get it.

betterdan
01-10-2005, 06:04 AM
What Thrashard said.

old-boo-radley
01-10-2005, 06:10 AM
I voted no, but now that I have read and know the whole story, I'll be buying it.

Curt Duncan
01-10-2005, 08:58 AM
I have seen most of Fulci's films, so I will be buying this one.

Mok
01-10-2005, 06:04 PM
I have seen most of Fulci's films, so I will be buying this one.

Similarly, I have seen most of Fulci's films, so I will NOT be buying this one.

Stige
01-10-2005, 06:46 PM
I have the uncut video version. I was planning an upgrade but now I am not sure

thrashard76
01-11-2005, 05:35 AM
I want to so much be the lizard king but I'm too drunk to be stoned.

marcx
01-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Ive been waiting forever to see this! Maybe Im gullible, but Im going to believe that this was the best that they could get their hands on at this time. Ill be getting it ASAP!

Funktion
01-12-2005, 04:10 PM
While I usually don't buy releases that aren't in their correct aspect ratio + uncut, I haven't watched this one for years (an idiot I borrowed my tape to decided to lose it :mad: ), so I'll get it.
If a better release comes around, I'll upgrade (and probably keep this one anyway for the extras).

dario_andolini
01-12-2005, 05:00 PM
a complicated proposition...hmmn.

normally (and especially with a fulci, which are universally best served in OAR), i would decline, due to cropping. however, given the anamorphic "cut" version...i figure i can watch the "cut" cut for the visual reference, then discern the intended image for the uncut. the way i see it, as long as there is a larger portion of the film available in the OAR, i should be able to "get the idea" when watching the few missing minutes cropped up.

so i guess you'd count me a yes...just too anxious to see this one. as to there being a better release coming down the pike eventually...that could be years, maybe never. hell, aren't we still waiting on a decent "salo" in r1? the french put out a decent disc, already oop...

Semerrill
01-13-2005, 05:22 PM
im going to buy it, but i might not watch it right away

zuvembie
01-16-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm waiting for reviews. I've never really been able to get into Fulci movies (beyond the great gore effects)...but allmovie.com says this is one of his better flicks...so anything is possible.

John Gargo
01-17-2005, 11:12 AM
I will buy it... i've relaxed my stance on widescreen over the last year. While I always prefer it, and require it if both versions are out on the market, it won't make me skip a release if it's the only aspect ratio that's available.

Coverdale
02-01-2005, 04:05 AM
Hell yeah...Fulci lives!