PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Appocalypse

crank
09-03-2001, 04:59 AM
Is AB still releasing Cannibal Appocalypse on DVD. Up until recently it had been sitting on their late 2001 list, but now I don't see it at all.

crank

zombi3
09-03-2001, 06:07 PM
Actually, the rights to Cannibal Apocalypse are owned by Image and a dvd release is scheduled for March 12,2002. :D

crank
09-04-2001, 06:42 AM
Damn, I much rather would have seen AB put this title out. Oh well.

crank

mazzariniuk
09-05-2001, 07:35 PM
I don't care which one distributes the film, both companies do superb releases, as long as Troma don't get hold of it. I expect the chances of a John Saxon commentary are very slim, but if only director Margheriti would step forward, to hear his opinions on at least one of his films would be good.

Jeremy
09-05-2001, 08:53 PM
Reportedly, Anchor Bay recorded a John Saxon back when they still thought they had the rights. I don't know what Anchor Bay's policy on licensing out supplements is, usually they're the one who have to purchase stuff for their discs, not the other way around. But we can hope...

mazzariniuk
09-05-2001, 09:27 PM
Come to think of it, I liked Giovanni Lombardo Radice's contributions to the CANNIBAL FEROX commentary. Maybe he would like to step forward and say a few words for this film which I have yet to see.

crank
09-05-2001, 10:43 PM
I am imagining that Cannibal Appacolypse will be released as part of Images "Euroshock Collection" and to the best of my knowledge, I don't think a single Euroshock title has ever been released with a commentary. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that Image puts so many rare titles on DVD, but they really don't put any effort into them. Hell, Asylum, and The Wax Mask don't even have real menu's. So I am not holding out much hope for any kind of extras on this disc.

crank

mazzariniuk
09-06-2001, 01:03 AM
If the film is widescreen and uncut I will be a happy man, I love director Antonio Margheriti's work. Maybe someday someone will give THE LAST HUNTER the attention it deserves, it may not be horror but it has plenty of gore and a topless Tisa Farrow!