PDA

View Full Version : Zip up in theatres this March

rhett
01-19-2005, 04:07 AM
Warner's new independent arm, Warner Independent Pictures, has just released promotional material for their upcoming psychological horror film. THE JACKET, starring Adrien Brody, Kiera Knightley and Jennifer Jason Leigh, among others, is a movie about a war veteran who is trying to remember the mysterious events that led to his amnesia some years ago. Here is the description right from Warner:

"The movie is about a Gulf War vet who returns to his native Vermont suffering from bouts of amnesia. When he is accused of murder and lands in an asylum, a well-meaning doctor puts him on a heavy course of experimental drugs, restrains him in a jacket-like device, and locks him away in a body drawer of the basement morgue. The process sends him on a journey into the future, where he can foresee his death."

They have also released the trailer on their website, which can be accessed by clicking the link below:

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wip/us/med/jacket/03k8dj_jacket_tlr1_qt_300.mov

Finally, the film will be hitting theatres on March 4, 2004. The horror market is usually quite slow in the spring, so this should give horror fans something to feast on before the big guns come out in October.

fceurich39
01-19-2005, 04:21 AM
This Movie Could Be Cool But I Might Wait For Video

Lyle Horowitz
01-19-2005, 05:26 AM
Saw the trailer attached to Hotel Rwanda, looks awful. Another Butterfly Effect-esque time travel story. Remember, folks, "indie" doesn't always mean good.

gusse
01-19-2005, 09:43 AM
..Looks rather crapy. ...but it was nice to hear the Skinny Puppy tune!

John Gargo
01-19-2005, 01:00 PM
I'll see it... I thought it had potential. Good cast.

Lyle Horowitz
01-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Yeah, Brody is awesome. Too bad he's wasting his talent on this.

John Gargo
01-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah, Brody is awesome. Too bad he's wasting his talent on this.
You haven't even seen the film, but whatever.

MorallySound
01-20-2005, 04:27 AM
I think it looks allright. Could have potential. And another Butterly Effect-esque movie? Um, if you think about it, the Butterfly Effect is somewhat of a rip off of Donnie Darko...

Lyle Horowitz
01-20-2005, 04:41 AM
I think it looks allright. Could have potential. And another Butterly Effect-esque movie? Um, if you think about it, the Butterfly Effect is somewhat of a rip off of Donnie Darko...

Which also sucked.

Grim
01-20-2005, 04:46 AM
Which also sucked.

Hey hey, to each his own. :D

shift
01-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Cool another Redux movie. Let's all trip while watching this one. lol