PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare City

DefJeff
09-04-2001, 11:18 PM
i just got the Laser Paradise DVD of this today --- this movie is pure goofyness and (unintentional -- i hope) hilarity. I recommend everyone see this at least once.

Jeff

Jason25
09-05-2001, 12:01 AM
A classic. Lenzi is one of my favorite directors. I love this film, although the Laser Paradise disc pretty much sucks. I'm hoping the AB disc looks good.

Trout
09-05-2001, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Jason25
A classic. Lenzi is one of my favorite directors. I love this film, although the Laser Paradise disc pretty much sucks. I'm hoping the AB disc looks good.

Nightmare City next year, along with Hell of the living dead. 2002 is shaping up to be pretty damned good.

skinnypuppy6
09-05-2001, 03:59 AM
AHHHH!:eek: "it's Professer Hagenbeck" the laser paridise disc is worth getting just for the deutsch Der Armee Der Finsternis(Army Of Darkness) trailer I'm sure the upcomming A.B disc will be great!!!

DefJeff
09-05-2001, 05:41 AM
yea, i gotta say, that Laser Paradise DVD is complete shit, terribal picture and the occasional japanese subs -- but hey, its the only way to see this film currently on dvd aside from having an all region coded player (which i dont have)... still, completely goofy flick... i love it.

Jeff

Trout
09-06-2001, 12:05 AM
But, there are no trailers for Nightmare city on the disc (something I always wanted to see, along with Burial ground and Night of the zombies).

keith70
09-06-2001, 06:24 AM
Cool! I didn't know AB was releasing this. I was about to order the import dvd. Glad I waited. I'm also considering Dellamorte Dellamore. But I'm going to be upset if I by the PAL import only to have it announced a few days later.

Has an official date been set for the AB disc? I haven't seen Hell of the Living Dead, can someone give be a brief discription? I love zombie movies. As long as they crave brains. Now if I could just get Return of the Living Dead.

evileye
09-06-2001, 01:44 PM
Have any of you tried the Pal Japanese Shock DVD of this flick?
I just actually received it and it is surprisingly good. The widescreen print is far better than the Laser Paradise release (although not anamorphic), but the trailer, audio commentary and the entire soundtrack is on the disc!

Im sure AB will do a nice anamorphic print, but this gives it a run for their money.

The Chaostar
09-06-2001, 08:11 PM
I think Japan Shock's DVD rocks!
The picture is quite good, the 50 minute interview is more than informative, the soundtrack is so cheesy and spooky that you got to love it, the trailer is funny and even the commentary (which comes and goes and Lenzi speaks whenever he has to say something) is hilarious. Great disc.