PDA

View Full Version : Opera Soundtrack

crank
09-07-2001, 10:40 AM
Just out of curiosity, out of those of you who already have your Opera SE, am I the only one who thinks that the Soundtrack is horrible. Now don't get me wrong, I am both a huge Electronic and Huge Experimental music fan, so it's not that I just can't comprehend the style. But it is so cheesy, and the ass rock, don't even get me started on the ass rock. Just wondering if I was the only one who wished that there was something a little more special about the special edition.

crank

AceRimRat
09-07-2001, 09:28 PM
I've listened to most of the soundtrack, which I'd never heard before, and I actually rather like it. It's not as "harsh" as some of the other Argento stuff I've heard. Though I don't really know who exactly is behind the music, since...

... there is no liner notes or insert for the CD - so I don't know what the tracks are. That really honks me off.

(Just watched the movie for the first time, too, and really liked it. The soundtrack goes well with the film. But unlike the Maniac CD, which I didn't buy, I think it stands up well on its own as opposed to just being good in the movie.)

The Chaostar
09-08-2001, 03:34 AM
Are we talking about the soundtrack that has tracks written by Bill Wyman and Bryan Eno?
Because I think it is great!
I even like the heavy metal song included.

And of course it has the great Maria Callas...

Chucky P
09-11-2001, 05:23 AM
With my budget I can only afford one of the LE's and I'm going for the big S since that one has more stuff on it, Opera has more faulty discs reported and I know I can get Wicker Man LE in a year when they rerelease the longer version (it's Anchor Bay that's why I loved them :) ) and I was wondering if I can get the Opera soundtrack by itself if the LE becomes OOP . If so can somebody post a link (amazon would be nice).

Please and Thanks. :)

Chucky P

keith70
09-11-2001, 05:32 AM
I believe the Opera soundtrack is out of print, but Video Junkie sells cd-r's of some Argento & Fulci Soundtracks and Opera is among them for $15.00.